The Bushcrafter brothers.

mykel m

Gold Member
Meet Micro,Compact,Fullsize & 5"er.
I took 'em out for a little woods time trying to decide which I liked better,but am still undecided.:rolleyes:
I'll just have to work with them more this camping season I guess.:cool:

801e2b51.jpg

And here's a sheath & kit I put together for big bro 5"er.
I figured he's the biggest so he can carry the pack.;)

5f826dad.jpg

Last edited:
My next Wohlwend will be a 5" bushcrafter, the new pin style, hopefully with the same micarta that is on the neck knife Mark made for me (same as on your micro). Only thing I'm going to try to do different is to see if he can make it out of really thin stock and put a FFG on it... I want a big ultimate epic slicer. Typically I'll have a chopper with me for any heavy duty stuff. Mmmm knife daydreaming :D

Those knives of yours are ultra-tasty, man!

Mykel what model is the 3rd knife from the left. I'd like to pick one up.
Thanks Doug

801e2b51.jpg

The 3rd from the left looks like a winner to me ( just have to have one ) BRL - - you can have the other 3..!! lol

Mykel what model is the 3rd knife from the left. I'd like to pick one up.
Thanks Doug

801e2b51.jpg
Hey Doug,that's an old full size Bushcrafter Mark made when he was in Missouri,made of 01 & Cocobolo_One of my favorite knives.
I got it on the ex.last year & loved it so much I had to check out more of Marks knives.
The micro & 5" are L6 IIRC & the compact is 1095.All great slicers & they all feel great in use.

The 3rd from the left looks like a winner to me ( just have to have one ) BRL - - you can have the other 3..!! lol
Hey man,don't go giving my knives away,I ain't done with them yet!
lol,thanks Gladiator.I'm sure Mark would love to make you one.
And you too Doug!

I like having a 5" blade, a very handy size for everything from paring, to slicing, dicing, batoning.
Exactly my thoughts Zach so I snagged this one when someone cancelled on Mark & he put it up for sale.
I'm a truck camper so the extra weight doesn't matter & I sure know I have a very capable knife in hand when I pick it up.
I love the full size,but like the little extra length of the 5" for batoning 2-3" pieces of wood for kindling.

My next Wohlwend will be a 5" bushcrafter, the new pin style, hopefully with the same micarta that is on the neck knife Mark made for me (same as on your micro). Only thing I'm going to try to do different is to see if he can make it out of really thin stock and put a FFG on it... I want a big ultimate epic slicer. Typically I'll have a chopper with me for any heavy duty stuff. Mmmm knife daydreaming :D

Those knives of yours are ultra-tasty, man!
Thanks BRL.
It sounds like you need a Hiker,I'm sure Mark will make one in 5" for you.

Mykel, I thought that was one of the old 'guardless' models. I can tell by the pattern on the steel that it's O-1. might have to revive a run of those someday!

As to the hiker, I use a 4 incher made from .108 ( 1/8 is .125) L-6 ground flat with a 'thin' tip. I just watch two vets use it to narcopsy a large horse. I was cringing as the vet used it to take apart the foreleg as he was using the thin tip to pry apart the joint. One vet was using it on the head to cut out the tounge. The knife was no worse for the wear when they were done. Shaved on the flat cutting edge and the tip survived. A little touch up on the curve and it was good to go!

Pictures were taken, but I ain't postin! :)

Last edited:
No five-inch hiker possible, Mark?

Easily done :)

One of the first knives I built was 5 inches in length. There were alot of 4's and alot of 6's but not much between. I recently gave it a 'spa' treatment and sent it to my daughter for her birthday....

awesome knives myke (and mark). what is the wood on the compact and 5"? love the way the cocobolo looks on the 4"....beautiful knife.

Yup,osage with red liners & brown micarta with red liners.
Here's another shot.
8bbfa253.jpg

Ok...Ok... Mykel i'll take the two on the left in that last pic off your hands your probably tired of them anyway right!:D Are you teasing me! :p

Doug

On the Compact, Osage

On the 5 inch, some brn micarta I scored years ago on ebay

Brown micarta? that looks like the nicest wood i've seen in a while! amazing. thanks Mark. and thanks for the side-shot myke. congrats on a fine family of knives.

Back