The Cheburkov Channel--Picture & Discussion Thread

I haven't posted over here for quite some time and birdave birdave has been valiantly holding the fort here in Cheb-land, but I'm back as I embark on a week-long Cheburkathon carrying one of my seven each day through next weekend. I actually started yesterday over at the EDC thread, but doubled up on a two-day carry of the CTek Voron and got some extra pics to post today at both threads.

1701824096516.jpeg

1701824193625.jpeg

1701824219401.jpeg

1701824314654.jpeg

I haven't posted over here for quite some time and birdave birdave has been valiantly holding the fort here in Cheb-land, but I'm back as I embark on a week-long Cheburkathon carrying one of my seven each day through next weekend. I actually started yesterday over at the EDC thread, but doubled up on a two-day carry of the CTek Voron and got some extra pics to post today at both threads.

View attachment 2413788

View attachment 2413789

View attachment 2413790

View attachment 2413791
Thanks for the mention, ChazzyP! Your Voron is Super Sweet...would love to have him as part of the family ;) ...

IMG_0238.JPGIMG_0240.JPG

Thanks for the compliment on my CTek Voron, birdave birdave . It would look great with that Murder of Crows you have there--really nice collection--but I can't imagine letting mine go. I have gotten somewhat interested in the scales-both-sides models and really like that signed "custom" double CF of yours. I see the 2023 on it and wonder if you got that through BTS or were you able to deal directly with Workshop Cheburkova? Really sweet one there, my friend!

Continuing on with Day 3 and Knife 2 of Cheburkathon with my Pyramid Scout. This was my first knife from Workshop Cheburkova and was purchased through Florian from Tools for Gents in Germany. I was surprised when I received it that it had no internal milling, as I thought that was standard on the model. Florian mentioned when I inquired that some customers prefer the heft of a full-slab knife and Alex at that time had started producing the model both with and without. I never felt it was overly heavy while enjoying the substantial feel of it in hand.

This one's had quite a bit of carry and use so it shows a little wear here and there with much of the nice burnished bronze finish on the hardware worn away. Looking it over I was somewhat surprised that it still has its factory edge after 5 years, but its slightly toothy original secondary bevel is still very sharp and cuts smoothly. I broke down several boxes with it today and it flew right through them. All my Chebs have come with very keen edges, unlike most of my Shiro's which all required some early sharpening attention.

1701908933658.jpeg

1701909016393.jpeg

1701909118651.jpeg

1701909154669.jpeg

Thanks for the compliment on my CTek Voron, birdave birdave . It would look great with that Murder of Crows you have there--really nice collection--but I can't imagine letting mine go. I have gotten somewhat interested in the scales-both-sides models and really like that signed "custom" double CF of yours. I see the 2023 on it and wonder if you got that through BTS or were you able to deal directly with Workshop Cheburkova? Really sweet one there, my friend!
Chazzy,
I got the signed, snakeskin CF Voron from Breathtaking Steel. I remember you saying that your C-Tek Voron was a keeper. Should you ever decide to let it go, you know where it would be appreciated most ;) ! Stay safe, my friend.

After being absent for too long here, it seems I'm filling up these pages carrying and showing off pics of my week's worth of Cheburkov's. Today it's the Knurled Ti Frieze which came to me directly from Мастерская Чебуркова.

1702078097350.jpeg

1702078142630.jpeg

1702078177643.jpeg

1702078232541.jpeg

I7V3nKK.jpg

Back