The first FF Bushboot

NoRest

Bushboot King
Platinum Member
I still can't believe it! With a little help from a friend the first Bushboot ever made found me. After talking with Andy and spending quite a bit of time digging deep in this forum I'm pretty sure this is the first example of this model. This one was made in December of 2009 in 01 steel. Originally it was called the Whittler and was a bit shorter in the handle. After the first two Andy added some length to the handle and renamed it the Bushboot. As a Bushboot collector this is a Grail knife in my collection. It's obviously been well used for the past 13 years and will be used by me for years to come. It's an honor to own this piece of Fiddleback Forge history.

Last edited:
Very cool little knives, always wanted to try one for an edc. Andy has come up with so many excellent models

I'd think it quite the sleuthing to find just one specific Bushboot, but you're on the hunt for multiple unique examples....no one like another.

I appreciate that your quest is a patient one, which is working out with some good fortune. I'd pick up the proto if it came around today, new, too.

Nice catch!

Glad the Bushboot King found this one!

It’s interesting to see how the design changed over time. The handles look much flatter than the current version.

I still can't believe it! With a little help from a friend the first Bushboot ever made found me. After talking with Andy and spending quite a bit of time digging deep in this forum I'm pretty sure this is the first example of this model. This one was made in December of 2009 in 01 steel. Originally it was called the Whittler and was a bit shorter in the handle. After the first two Andy added some length to the handle and renamed it the Bushboot. As a Bushboot collector this is a Grail knife in my collection. It's obviously been well used for the past 13 years and will be used by me for years to come. It's an honor to own this piece of Fiddleback Forge history.

I saw that on ebay and almost bid on it.

Back