The Karve Is Out

Their newest folder; whats your thoughts ?AUS10 ; Again, very un Thompson/Demko like in design ;thats what CS was all about.
It might be just fine ? ...but nothing there says to me , "this is Cold Steel " !

I do someday still want to try the Atlas lock .

Wow..
I am such an old fart I couldn't believe this was a Cold Steel knife. At least until I saw the other side.
Still not sure if it's pronounced like "Carve a turkey" or "Carvee" or "Car-vey"...lol
f61SYa.jpg

This screams Esee with a different ground blade; at least it has a leather sheath

They're calling a Viking Seax ! :p

Looks awful easy to open and close . Great for fidget , but maybe not for hard use / SD ?
It has that super pointy wharncliffe, a finger guard and even a bit of a pointy face wacker lanyard hole.

So long as that lock is solid. I would say defensive.

Think the spyderco yojimbo.

And cold steel locks are generally solid.

Yuck. Looks like a 1980’s Sharper Image catalog product.
Holy Moly!!! I remember those Sharper Image catalogs and even visiting one of their stores in the local mall. It boggled my mind anyone would purchase their crap…basically very expensive fancy looking JUNK. Regarding the Karve, yeah, doesn’t even look like a CS design.

Awesome name though... "Karve". They used a "K" instead of a "C". That's a pretty edgy move. Totally original... This will turn the marketing world upside down.

OK, I'm done ragging on them. I'd love to hear Beth light them up though...

b5274eccd24ec2cacf366312dd19a7e1.jpg

I saw them for sale from that place that has the good CS sales ; the pics they show of it are even more hideous ! Its easily their most horrific design to date !

Last edited:
After taking a good look at it on that YouTube video it seems to be of the same quality or at least the same looks as a cheaper CRKT. Addendum I do want one of them new crkt that look like a riverboat Gambler knife. I think it's called the redemption and it's made in the good old USA. However it's over $200 but the karve or karvay surely reminds me of the old crkt that weren't worth crap.

I wasn’t going to comment till I had one in my hand and yes I agree it won’t get everyone’s attention like some knives but I kinda like it. The handle is ugly but definitely comfortable so far. It should make for a decent work knife just wish it had better steel or a lower price for AUS10.

Their newest folder; whats your thoughts ?AUS10 ; Again, very un Thompson/Demko like in design ;thats what CS was all about.
I’ve been a Huge Cold Steel Fan for Very many Wonderful Years. The designs they came up with in the late 80’s and 90’s I still use. When they sold I cringed! My Cold Steel…. My EDC Holy Grail… Well let me tell you about my first foray into the New GSM Cold Steel. There’s knives from their original catalog I want. I wish myself luck with that every day. 😂😅🤣 When I saw this new Sax blade design with an Atlas Lick I had to get one to try. You know …. Just to see what the new Cold Steel Brand was offering. After trying the Karve Aus10A next to a Recon1 S35… it kicks ass!!! The knife is much heavier than I thought it would be. Full tang liners help that. It rips open several ways and just zips shut! Nice !!! Someone in this thread said it looked like a Chinese Kershaw Knick off. I’ll say that now I have the Karve, it’s all my Kershaws aspire to be. This knife is a new Bantom Weight Pounder in my collection. As far as not being typical Cold Steel…. That all stopped in 2020. Meet the New Boss….
Know what…. Ain’t the same as the Old Boss…

Meh

Or something off Amazon.
Youve been able to buy cold steel off amazon for years, so i guess that fits. Can also buy zero tolerance, and a host of very nice knives. Although im sure you somehow intended that to be an insult.

Back