The Lone Ranger: 112 Dedication Thread

4Fwk47Zl.jpg

I love the handle of the 112 and how it feels, but I love the extra blade length of the 110 more. The 112 handle shape on a 110-length knife would be perfection.
I agree 100%

There are lots of questions about the 110/112 relationship

Why did the 112 get the cool front bolster?

How come the 112 didn’t have a nail nick? How come it has a nail nick now?

How come the 112 cost more? Paying more to get less just seems wrong. If Buck had at least sold them at the same price they would have sold a lot more.

Both great knives but I prefer the 110. If I had to carry a 112 I’d prefer the drop point, but I don’t like the drop point on a 110. Go figure?

Last edited:
Whittling with a Buck Ranger is so much fun it will probably be illegal some day...

Actually the only time I've ever gotten into any trouble for having a knife, and I've be EDCing a knife since I was in 2nd grade, is for whittling in class. I was showing a kid how to make a whistle and my 4th grade teacher objected and confiscated my knife. At the end of the day she handed it back and said, "Leave it in your pocket or leave it at home." That was over 50 years ago and happily I have no recidivism to report.

I agree 100%

There are lots of questions about the 110/112 relationship

Why did the 112 get the cool front bolster?

How come the 112 didn’t have a nail nick? How come it has a nail nick now?

How come the 112 cost more? Paying more to get less just seems wrong. If Buck had at least sold them at the same price they would have sold a lot more.

Both great knives but I prefer the 110. If I had to carry a 112 I’d prefer the drop point, but I don’t like the drop point on a 110. Go figure?

I haven't tried a drop point on a 112. I jumped on the drop point bandwagon for 110s, but since experiencing a few, I now prefer the pointiness and utility of the standard clip point.

Good question on the nail nick's sudden appearance on the 112! And why DOES it cost more than the 110?

rhino rhino It’s no secret I’ve carried a 110 daily for 40 years now. When I tried out a drop point 110 (mostly because it had no nail nick) I kept cutting myself. So I went running back to my clip point 110’s.

When I open a clip point 112 I always have the same gut reaction. “What happened to the rest of the blade? Oh that’s right it’s a 112”. Somehow the drop point on the 112 doesn’t invoke that reaction and doesn’t seem small at all.

I know it’s mental but I can’t get past it.

Back