Off Topic The Snark Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mowed today, for the first time in a month. We've haven't had hardly any rain at all. It rained this morning for a few hours, so I mowed while the ground was still wet, with no dust kicking up. Been a dry season here. Hot too.

I mowed today, for the first time in a month. We've haven't had hardly any rain at all. It rained this morning for a few hours, so I mowed while the ground was still wet, with no dust kicking up. Been a dry season here. Hot too.

We've had so much rain, we have to mow at least once a week! Hot as hell here too!

We've had so much rain, we have to mow at least once a week! Hot as hell here too!
We sure needed that little rain we got.

Crimson still hang out around here?

No fault of the knife, but i managed to break the handle on this.. I have abused the hell out of this thing... When the handle slab broke i had the blade stuck in a log.. Got aggravated and beat on the handle way harder than i should of... More than once LOL

But I'm thinking it's a good excuse to mod it.... Errr moor like have it modded... I'm not too interested in hand filing hardened 3V haha!

Mostly just want to slimline the handle. Remove the black area... Make it fit my hand a bit better.

I also have a chip in the edge... (Arrow points to it) From chopping through a cell phone... But even with the chip it's been my main user for a good year..

Need to get this one back in commission!

gIEKOGP.jpg

Haven't seen him for some time now.

It was 94Β° and humid here.
Didn't mow.
Need to. Too hot!
I'm sure it felt like 100Β°
I work out in this crap
The last thing I wanna do is
sweat my &@££$ off at the house!

mowed yesterday - they've been predicting rain 3 times a week forthe past 3 weeks and it never happened, so I went out and dealt with it.
about half the back yard required 2 passes where the pups keep it watered.......
temp was 98 when I came in, heat index was 109.
a couple hours after that it got hot.
then it stormed pretty good from 7-10.

All this talk about mowing is making me sweat lol

Most days are hot, humid, and rainy here... All 3... First it's hot... Then it rains...then humid...

My lawn mower needs a new battery. I have to jump start it each time it cuts off.. But the mower was free... So i guess buying a battery isn't too bad lol

I mow twice a month even though it could use it more often... Luckily nobody out here gives a damn if, or when, i mow.

Haven't seen him for some time now.

Well that sucks. Couldn't find his email info anymore either.

I am sure i can find someone to mod the handle and put a new edge on it. But I'd like to give him an update on the blade.

I think a lot of people really missed out NOT buying his work. People want the best looking blades from the most well known makers... I understand that... But having been in a position to test hundreds of knives from many makers and many price ranges... This remained my go to blade for real work... Because it PERFORMS!!

What's up worldwood worldwood !
Sorry bout ur blade. Good to see ya around.
Hope ur well pump has been behaving.

Thanks bro. No issues with the pump except ants here and there... Easy fix just aggravating.

Hope you're doing well bro!!

for real work i just use a chainsaw...

speaking of mowing, had a property i had to clean up before i headed for the lake... machete use, wead eater and mower... twas the hottest day of year at 99f almost had a heat stroke... had to go buy a gal water with only 45mins work left, felt if i hadnt bought that gallon i wouldve passes out... as i ran out of the quart i broight with me way earliee than i thought...lol be careful out in that heat it will zap you faster than you think, especially at my age..

Week before last I got overheated for the first time. I've been miserable, believe me, but never got sick. I was nauseated for a while which was the worst, so I said just get it over with! Finally I puked and was feeling much better. Worked for about another hour then boom...again. had plenty of water, was able to sit in the van with AC, but it was just too much. I over exerted myself.

that sux man.... yeah your mind keeps pushing as your body starts resisting, sounds like you're as hard headed as me.

when i first moved out here i blamed the water here for my first ever kidney stone but doc says i was dehydrated and body wasnt acclimating to a more humid environment...

i still say it has something to do with the water

btw do my emojis show up?? even with phone turned sideways they dont show here... they make my texts appear less harsh then they may sound,lol

The heat kicks my ass.

for real work i just use a chainsaw...

If it's over 5-6" diameter or if I'm cutting down multiple trees i grab the stihl... But i still enjoy chopping a tree down with a good blade!

Off topic but related to sharp things...

Been doing quite a bit of off roading... Met up with these few guys on a trail not long ago and we got to talking... one guy had a fiskars x27 splitter axe mounted in his bed and the other had a no name splitting maul mounted to a bed rack...i asked what they had them for...

The guy with the fiskars laughed at me and said you always want an axe when off roading in case you need to cut down a tree...

then i laughed! And drove off... I figured it wasn't worth the hassle of explaining it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back