The surprise knife ... The last knife in the Simonich Auction

ida

The next knife for auction is one that was donated by Craig Hashimoto.. Thank you Craig for all your support. Trace Rinaldi did the final touches on the blade and he will come in a bit later and give you the story behind this knife.. It is truly spiritual.. Something I know Rob Simonich would have related to. This is truly an astonishing piece of work. Happy bidding all and Thank you for supporting the Simonich fund.

The opening bid starts at 500.00..
attachment.php

I decided to just re-post what I posted on another forum.

This knife blade was one of two HAND ground Kanji's by Rob Simonich, and finished by me.
These blades started thier journey as a donation by Rob to Ron Hoods "Hoods Woods" forum a few years back. They were kit knives, so they had no handle. Through Ron I was asked to finish these knives for the owner Craig Hashimoto.

I worked on these a little at a time over a couple weeks, right around the anniversary of Robs passing. I thought alot about my friend while finishing these blades. I didnt want to touch Robs grinds, and was sweating every step knowing they couldnt be replaced. It was hard on me and also good at the same time working on these, I dont really know why, but it was.

Anyway Craig Hashimoto, who has been a long time fan of Robs has decided to donate one of the knives to be auctioned off on Bladeforums in the Simonich auctions to benefit Robs family. Craig is a hell of a good person, and I was stunned when he asked if it would be possible to donate one of the knives.

The knife will also come with a custom made to order sheath or shoulder rig by www.Survivalsheath.com and I would like to thank Rob Humelbaugh for that donation, he does great work!

I think its very cool to see something Rob donated out of the kindness of his heart, come all the way around and back to him in a way. The generosity, and good will never ceases to amaze me in this community.

The knife is also marked with Robs 4 Star Big Bear mark, and is handled with OD linen micarta and stainless pins. Also as I mentioned the sheath will be made to the buyers specs.

And again a HUGE thanks to Craig, this is a VERY generous jesture man, and testament of how damn cool we are as a community. :cool:

Trace.

Also sorry the photo isnt as good as Terrills, and Ida can the picture be bigger? I have a larger version if you need it. Thanks.

Probably a good idea to host the picture somewhere else. It's not coming up for me anyway. I am not a member at TUS, if that's the problem related to my not seeing the picture. I can always host the picture if need be.

Maybe this will help:

attachment.php

If I hadn't already cast my mad money budget for Trace's damascus LEO, I'd be all over this one :)

--Bob

Never to be forgotten: James Mattis, Walt "Doc" Welch, Rob Simonich

It was up earlier, when Ida first posted it.... now its gone :confused:
It's a "Beauty"..... hmmmmmm..... may have to bid on this one.... :eek:

Interesting. It shows for me.... I linked to the picture Trace has on his forum's post. Here's that thread where hopefully you can see the picture:

A very special knife

If this is a foul I'm sure Sparky will forgive me given the charitable nature of this auction as allowing prospective bidders to see the knife being offered is rather important.

--Bob

...............................................................................................................................................................................ok listen I cannot see this or eat a link to The Usual Suspects. This is a commonplace restriction. This pic needs to be hosted somewhere else..... I'm done saying this. :)

Sorry about the picture problem. If anyone cant see it, send me an E-mail at Trace@thrblades.com, and I will send you a picture directly.
I cant post pics here. :(

Edited to say: I asked Henry Diller if he can get this pic hosted and a link here. Sorry if we wasted any of your time there Thinkpad. We are all trying to make this happen as smoothly as possible.

Thank you Jerry.. don't know why mine just disappeared :(

Glad the picture is back up :D

Trace Rinaldi said:
Sorry about the picture problem. If anyone cant see it, send me an E-mail at Trace@thrblades.com, and I will send you a picture directly.
I cant post pics here. :(

Edited to say: I asked Henry Diller if he can get this pic hosted and a link here. Sorry if we wasted any of your time there Thinkpad. We are all trying to make this happen as smoothly as possible.
I love this this auction! lol ;) Sorry, I have a lot at my fingertips and don't always tell it like it is. I LOVE THIS! lol

And thank you for the glasses, Mr. Hossom........!

Back