The Top 3 Ones That Got Away

Huntsman Knife Co.

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
What are you top 3 Rats you wish you could have back? I'll go first

1. Rat Daddy LE- Its hard to even find a picture of this blade online. To this day its the most magical knife I ever owned. The massive blade, the temper line, the rarity, dang, what a knife! I remember I traded mine to get to a NMFBM. If anyone has one they want to get rid of, PM ME!!!!

kGM9eKB.png

2. M9 Custom Shop.- Hard to find pictures of these as well so I posted my old LE. The M9 was such a balanced and beautiful knife. Mine had hand shaped blue and black scales and a satin finish with DHT. I don't remember why I sold it but 12 years later I wish I hadn't.

VCtBcnM.png

3. CHOPWEILER- I'm generally not a fan of 7-8in blades but there was something special about the chopweiler. I tried to relive the magic recently by purchasing a Mega Ratweiler but it didn't have the old school feel and vibe I was looking for.

I wouldn't say "got away", but a lotta models I'd have jumped on were done & over when I came across Busse & kin- Dog Skinner, Desert Jack, Rat Tail, Rat Daddy, & the Rat Trap come to mind

I'd like to give an honorable mention to the RMD. One of the best small to mid sized knives of all time. I probably owned 20+ RMD's over the years and was constantly trading them out for different busse kin blades. The one I wish I'd kept is this custom shop with pumpkin scales and a swedge. Super stoked that the RMD is coming back in 3V!

ZhrlGOi.png

Went through my email and found a solid pic of the chopweiler in question. Who thinks we need a CHOPdaddy LE run?? BTW AEB-L can totally be DHT. Lets see a return of the temper line.

I7ZKqDr.jpg

The one that got away - a Custom Shop R6 that was stolen during a party. I'm 99% sure who took it (sadly, it was one of MY guests).
Other than that, I have minor regrets about selling both of my MMDs. I probably should have kept one, even if I was unlikely to use it.

The one that got away - a Custom Shop R6 that was stolen during a party. I'm 99% sure who took it (sadly, it was one of MY guests).
Other than that, I have minor regrets about selling both of my MMDs. I probably should have kept one, even if I was unlikely to use it.
Oh man a custom shop m6? :oops: I didn't even know those existed. Do you have any pics? I have no pictures of my custom shop M9 but I can assure you it was the prettiest knife I ever owned.

Nope. I said R6...and I have no pictures. (In a way, that's a good thing)

Nope. I said R6...and I have no pictures. (In a way, that's a good thing)

Got so excited by the thought of a custom shop M6 that I forgot how to read! Sorry to hear it got stolen. Thats a special blade.

I forgot the other one that "got away". I had a William Henry that got stolen when an ex gf moved out. I'm sure it was the son that helped her, not her; but that's when it happened

CS Infidu (deepest palm swell I've ever seen on one), and the CS Batac (nice swedge) I let go of. Should've kept em.

Well boys, I did it. I now have TWO of the ones that got away back in my collection. I was lucky enough to pick up a Rat Daddy LE and an M9 from some awesome forum members.

I sold my Rat Daddy and M9 users in 2011 and have thought about them frequently since. Its super cool for me to get to relive the magic these blades brought to my life over a decade ago!

Planning on rehandling both of these!

Now I just need an M6 and chopweiler to round out the old school collection.

xFIQ9Pr.jpg

Back