The ZOMSTRO

:D What a GREAT BLADE ! Never thought I would like so much.Took some of the sharp edges off feels AWSOME in any hold. This knife is soooo much of a slicer , chopper and whatever blade than I ever could have thought. :thumbsup:View attachment 749015 View attachment 749016 View attachment 749017

Xer I can feel the love you have for the Zom. Your a great salesman. The absolute last thing i need is another choppa. Unless it has two wheels lol. But you got me wanting a Zomstro. Is Kabar paying you a commission? You can tell me it will be our little secret;)

Haha :p, no Tanker I got this from SMNW at a price that was low enough to just give it a try. I honestly did not expect it to be all that it is . I'am learning that never judge a book by it's cover applies to Knives too. This thing slices and chops like mofo! no BS :D

That is one mean looking blade. I like the look of the stripped blade with the brown handle much better than the stock photo with toxic green scales. Does it feel different in the hand than the parangatang, since the steel is thicker?

That is one mean looking blade. I like the look of the stripped blade with the brown handle much better than the stock photo with toxic green scales. Does it feel different in the hand than the parangatang, since the steel is thicker?
Thanks BRab, it feels like a Parangatang would with liners haha. :thumbsup: They come with Black scales too. I put the black ones on a Potbelly blade,also a knife I've come to like :thumbsup:. Clearance sales make me try blades I never would have otherwise ;)

here's the one Murphnuge & TM Hunt modded - stripped, FeCl3 etched, curly maple scales, handle mods, and a snakeskin sheath.

Ok, she's finished! I'm pretty happy with the way everything turned out. Todd not only donated the shop time and his advice, but he also made a pretty sweet sheath. Most of the mods are obvious, but there are a couple more subtle changes. The first is we removed the finger groove on the handle. Next, we moved the top thumb rest a little more gradual, then went ahead and re profiled the top of the blade while we had it on the grinder. This was done mainly for uniformity in finish . The handle is curly maple and the rattler skin is a Western Diamondback So here's the pix!

Again, thanks to Vik(1066vik) for the great gift and thanks Todd(TMHunt) for the help making it mine!

I need to buy one of those. I wish they would have made it a longer 12" blade

A100302_MANARESSA_S_GIUSTINA_RINALDI.jpg

Kabar has 3 of their ZK knives on clearance, the swabbie for $46, zomstro for $45, and the death dagger (made in Taiwan) for $25!

Wow!
This is one thread I shouldn't have opened.
That Zomstro stripped looks really good.
have no blades that big and lust for some big chopper. This beast gets on my wanted list now.

thanks for all the great pics in use, they really help me in appreceating the knife.

Wow!
have no blades that big and lust for some big chopper. This beast gets on my wanted list now.

thanks for all the great pics in use, they really help me in appreceating the knife.

Thanks for resurrecting this thread, I've been drooling on these for a while now. I bought my son the Ka-Bar death dagger(or aborted bread knife, as I like to call it) for Christmas for $20 on clearance. So I just had to finally break down and get the Zomstro for my birthday, LOL. Now we have a zombie house clearing set of knives :)

Zomstro should be delivered Friday. I don't think I'll strip mine, I like the green scales and black coating (for now).

Thanks for resurrecting this thread, I've been drooling on these for a while now. I bought my son the Ka-Bar death dagger(or aborted bread knife, as I like to call it) for Christmas for $20 on clearance. So I just had to finally break down and get the Zomstro for my birthday, LOL. Now we have a zombie house clearing set of knives :)

Zomstro should be delivered Friday. I don't think I'll strip mine, I like the green scales and black coating (for now).
Be sure to let us know what you think and post some pics ;)

Wow!

Your welcome knoefz, Had some trouble with the blade sticking when chopping on this particular log ? No trouble with the 4,7,9,and 21 :D
IMG_1995.JPG

Back