Truly blown away!!!

I have been away from the knife scene for awhile. Last major purchase was a 0551 first run with the elmax #751.
I have come into a little extra cash and ordered a 0801. I really like all titanium and have both alias, an umnumzaan, a small insingo, and my baby, a JYD Ti SG2. LONG STORY SHORT... I am amazed that Kai can sell a knife this nice for 168. Dollars.
This may be my new favorite knife. There is nothing about this knife that I don't like.
Just had to spout off about this beauty. One more thing, right on the edge of grabbing a 0561 cbcf, only concern is that it will be too big. I would appreciate your thoughts on this possible purchase. Thanks, Russ

Everyone seems super happy with the 801. I wasn't all that interested, but I may have to pick one up just on general consensus. I wrote up a review of the 560cbcf that should either be on this page or the next and I can tell you it is big, really big actually, but very light. I'd be happy to post a picture when I get home of it sitting next to a JYD if that would help.

Have to say I love almost all things KAI.
The 801...not so much. The handles don't do it
for me I'm afraid.
Awesome value though and I'm glad folk love theirs!

That said, if you are afraid the 56x will be too big it probably will.
It is for me. Still love it and carry it almost always anyway. :)

The impressions on the 0801 so far seem to be overwhelmingly positive. I don't have one yet, but it's been working its way up on my want list after seeing so many rave about theirs.

The 0560 is a pretty big knife... comparable to the JYD II in length and thickness... slightly thinner than the 0550.

ZT0560_JYD2_0550_open_800x490.jpg

ZT0560_JYD2_0550_closed_800x416.jpg

(left: 0550, right: 0560)
ZT0550_0560_thickness_800x363.jpg

Last edited:
1256cfq.jpg

s2hb3k.jpg

There really isn't a huge measurable difference in size, but from the pocket clip positioning and how much is in your actual pocket you're talking a sizable difference. Luckily if the deep clip causes the 560 to dominate too much of your pocket, the Hinderer clips will fit and make more of the knife sit outside.

Have to say I love almost all things KAI.
The 801...not so much. The handles don't do it
for me I'm afraid.
Awesome value though and I'm glad folk love theirs!

That said, if you are afraid the 56x will be too big it probably will.
It is for me. Still love it and carry it almost always anyway. :)

Different strokes for different folks indeed--the 0801 is my favorite ZT so far by a wide margin. It's good that these companies make lots of options so we can all have a favorite. I do still think it's a bit too heavy for my taste (though it's not as bad as the 0560 in this respect).

And the Hinderer clips look much better!

That's gospel truth. I have been holding off making sure this is a knife I wanted to keep long term before I sprung for one. Now I just need them to come back in stock or resort to calling and begging the good folks over at Hinderer.

I have been away from the knife scene for awhile. Last major purchase was a 0551 first run with the elmax #751.
I have come into a little extra cash and ordered a 0801. I really like all titanium and have both alias, an umnumzaan, a small insingo, and my baby, a JYD Ti SG2. LONG STORY SHORT... I am amazed that Kai can sell a knife this nice for 168. Dollars.
This may be my new favorite knife. There is nothing about this knife that I don't like.
Just had to spout off about this beauty. One more thing, right on the edge of grabbing a 0561 cbcf, only concern is that it will be too big. I would appreciate your thoughts on this possible purchase. Thanks, Russ

Congrats on the new knife and at that price! I havent seen any of the online shops sell that low. Again, congrats.

I also was on the fence concerning the ZT0801 but after reading so many glowing reports I decided to take a chance on one and tomorrow will tell the tale! I usually like the bigger knives and the 0600 has been in my pocket since the day it arrived. But I do like shorter knives, blade lengths around 3.5" but not any below that, especially if they are stout in the blade such as the 801. I also find it easier to withdraw and open a shorter knife while sitting in my wheelchair. So I am really excited to open the box tomorrow, plus I have a new Fenix light and some multicolored paracord to pull out also!!:D:thumbup:

Thanks,
I found some of them for sale with different calibers.......good idea for making some extra coin and helping people personalize a great looking knife. This is all news to me! :D
What would normally be there is called a Lock Bar Stabilizer (LBS for short). He replaced it with a 9mm Luger case :).

Back