Welcome to the Toolshed.

Spark

HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate
Staff member
Administrator
Super Mod
We've been asked repeatedly over the years to provide a forum where you can get basic information on how to properly care & maintain your knife. Recently we were also asked to provide an area where members could discuss embellishment & general tinkering. Since they all fall under the same rough categories, I've gone ahead and opened a forum covering these topics.

Joe Talmadge will be the moderator here and we may be adding others to the lineup shortly as well. He'll be posting his excellent Sharpening / Steel / Multitool / etc FAQs as well.

Thanks for opening up this new forum. It should be very helpful and informative to consolidate these topics under this one general heading.

Might be wise to get a "what's the best sharpener?" sticky started right off the bat!

I look forward to hanging around this forum as I am probably more of a "Sharpening Junkie" than a Collector.

Sweet. An excellent addition.

We can post our "Pimped" knives here too. :thumbup:

I'm excited.

As a sharpening Guru, EdgePro, am delighted we have our own area.
Thanks....

OK.Here goes.Have Rust Free,Ren Wax,etc.,but there was a thread a while ago about regular Vaseline as a long term knife preservative.My question is,is Vaseline OK for this and is it Vaseline Petroleum Jelly?Any input would be appreciated.Thanks! :)

Vaseline is what you use when you don't have anything better. ;) Glad to see this forum here, hopefully folks will find it soon enough.

Hey, this sounds like a perfect place to hang out for a back yard knife mechanic like myself. Good idea Spark.

Thanks.

STR

Thanks Spark, as if i don't spend enough time here already. :D

Lookforward to seein' everyone here too.

Thanks Spark.

Quick question, I've posted pics and instructions on disassembling knives before,(BM Axis Locks, Liner Locks, assisted opening knives and autos) would this be a good place to post stuff like that again, and should things about autos(disassembly and repair) go in the auto forum?

Back