Westmark folding pocket knives

Hello all, I’m new to the forum and I’m also a relativity new folding pocket knife collector. My question is, I’ve recently purchased this Westmark folding pocket knife at a flea market very cheep. I’m super impressed with the quality of the knife. I can’t find much about the knife online. Can anyone shed some light on the manufacturer and the quality of the knife? For some reason I can’t seem to upload photos. Thanks in advance.

I know that name westmark on fixed blades as it was used by western knives way back. that company is long gone though.

I'm unfamiliar with folding knives using this name. I'm not even sure who owns this name now. one time camillus, I think, owned the westmark name. camillus the company it was as in manufacturing is gone too, minus the name is owned and used on cheaper import knives. maybe same name owner owns the westmark name and is importing using it? best guess I got......

I know that name westmark on fixed blades as it was used by western knives way back. that company is long gone though.

I'm unfamiliar with folding knives using this name. I'm not even sure who owns this name now. one time camillus, I think, owned the westmark name. camillus the company it was as in manufacturing is gone too, minus the name is owned and used on cheaper import knives. maybe same name owner owns the westmark name and is importing using it? best guess I got......
Westmark was owned by Western, but since Camillus did own Western in the 1990s the Westmark New York USA mark was used on folding knives too.....
Here's a pic from the web-
s-l1600.jpg

I think Westmark was acquired by Acme when they bought the Camillus name and the brand is now made in China. You can probably find them at SMKW.....

Westmark was owned by Western, but since Camillus did own Western in the 1990s the Westmark New York USA mark was used on folding knives too.....
Here's a pic from the web-
s-l1600.jpg

I think Westmark was acquired by Acme when they bought the Camillus name and the brand is now made in China. You can probably find them at SMKW.....
Thank you. Unfortunately I can’t seem to figure out how to upload photos. Thats an awesome looking Barlow.

TMView says it's Smokey Mountain Knife Works at this time. Originally filed in 1970 and at some point assigned to SMKW from what I can see, but I'm not going to dig up the whole history.

good info, thanks.

Reactions: TC
Back