... What copilot had to say about the rare brass dot pattern

dsutton24

Gold Member
Part of the description of an eBay 2 dot, four pin 110. On the one hand It's hard to believe that anyone takes AI seriously right now. On the other hand it's not the stupidest thing I've read today. If this is the best that AI can do we're all doomed:

...Below is what copilot had to say about the rare brass dot pattern. I'm hedging on the 1974 model and this being it's 50th anniversary. This knife is an excellent addition to any collection or perfect for everyday use. Don't miss out on this opportunity to own a piece of history.

The four brass dots could have a couple of interpretations:

Production Year: Since your knife was made between 1974 and 1980, the four brass dots might correspond to a specific year or range within that period. Unfortunately, without additional context, it’s challenging to pinpoint the exact meaning.

Customization or Artistry: Some knife enthusiasts personalize their Buck knives by adding decorative elements like brass dots. These could be purely aesthetic or have a personal significance to the original owner.

Wood Handle:

The wood handle itself is another interesting aspect. Different types of wood are used for knife handles, each with its own character and appeal. The unique pattern and color of the wood can enhance the overall aesthetics of the knife.

In summary, your Buck knife with its stainless dot, four brass dots, and distinctive wood handle reflects a blend of craftsmanship, practicality, and perhaps a touch of individuality. While the exact meaning of those brass dots remains a delightful mystery, cherish the knife as a testament to its era and the skilled hands that crafted it

AI can not figure that out:

TrafficLights-X2.jpg

Just saying.

I'm not a movie buff by any means, but there have been maybe a hundred or so movies come out in the last 30 years about AI, and I don't think any of them turned out good for humans.
And I'm just talking about the problems with AI computer programs like this , AI robots is a whole other lever of terrible.

Did you hear about the Scool principle from Baltimore who was blasted all over the news as a racist based on an admittedly unverified audio recording that turned out to be an AI fake created by a disgruntled employee he had fired ?

And I'm just talking about the problems with AI computer programs like this , AI robots is a whole other lever of terrible.

Did you hear about the Scool principle from Baltimore who was blasted all over the news as a racist based on an admittedly unverified audio recording that turned out to be an AI fake created by a disgruntled employee he had fired ?
Sheesh! There may come a day when we won't be able to believe everything we see on the news or the errornet.:)

Back