What did you use your SAK for today?

I've never used the can opener, and I don't think I ever will.
I thought the same thing until about a year ago.
I was on a road trip, bought a can of tuna without noticing it required an opener until I had driven to a nice picnic spot. Glad I had a Spartan with me, it saved me from either skipping lunch or driving to a town, in search of a can opener.

I thought the same thing until about a year ago.
I was on a road trip, bought a can of tuna without noticing it required an opener until I had driven to a nice picnic spot. Glad I had a Spartan with me, it saved me from either skipping lunch or driving to a town, in search of a can opener.
🤣😂 sometimes I flip pull top cans so I can use the sak can opener

Yesterday, I used the tip of the nail file on my Wenger Pocket Tool Chest to clean out some gunk from under my fingernails, toothpick for its intended purpose, (Wenger toothpicks were GREAT!) then the scissors to open a little plastic package of something, can't remember what.

Pictured is the Micro Light version; I'm carrying the normal one with the opaque scales.
view

Your a credit to society mate, well done on helping others. We need more people like you.

Dan.
I appreciate the thought, but I wasn't the only one who stopped. I was just front in line. We were almost involved in the collision. From about 55mph, I was able to stop around 20-30 feet from the stopped cars. There were several others, including my son, who ran up to help. There was even a nurse. Unfortunately there was little we could do. The wrong way driver had no pulse when I got there. The driver in the Forrester was still alive, and I tried to comfort her, but she and her husband died at the hospital. I can't find out what happened to their 24 year old son in the back, but he was hurt bad. Airlifted out. They needed the "jaws of life" to get them all out. I just happened to be the only one with a knife, and it came in handy.

Last edited:
Had to break out "The Beast" today as it has the pin I needed to realign the windscreen washers.
The "Wizards in Whitecoats" in Ibach seem to have not included this feature, or the pen, to the Nylon scales on my Huntsman!
Surely this is a situation which they will rectify with utmost haste and send to me the first two off the assembly line!:rolleyes:
While they are at it, back tools on the Farmer X would be also much appreciated!
cidUmYAh.jpg

In the last 24 hours four simple projects made even easier with; 1) Pioneer's awl

RKV8gkk.jpg

made starter holes for clothes hook...

xGj3XJP.jpg

2) ... and cleaned debris from the recessed pockets surrounding a Honda's windshield wiper drive-shafts
3) can opener tip, tightened cable wall plate cover
4) blade opened mail and a snack package.

Showing the Pioneer is a versatile pocket tool
sorry no pics on 2-4 :)

Have a Knife/Safe day !!!

Hey mate, as someone who has limited knowledge of squirrels. I was under the impression that they were a pest and you guys spent your life trying to stop squirrels getting into feeders.

Dan 🦘🇦🇺
Oh yes, they can be a real pain when they get into bird feeders! But, it helps to give them their own feeder so they spend less time trying to get into the birds'. Squirrels can be entertaining, too 🙂.

Back