What's happening in the David Mary Custom shop?

all belly betty

That is called the K-Slick XL, my friend, in .094” 15N20 at 61 RC. I happen to have two blank left that are unclaimed at this time. It would make a great meat carver or serrated bread knife, not to mention an excellent camp slicer.

Good evening friends. This batch will be ready to go out in tomorrow's postal run after a few short hours work in the morning. I've been doing it this way for a few weeks now, and it is doing wonders helping me avoid the late night cram session that kept putting me back onto late nights. As those of you know who have been around a while, I have struggled in the past to break my "afternoon shift" habit that was patterned into me by a few of my previous jobs. I'm please to say that I've been getting up in the morning every day lately and it feels great. Gonna be especially useful as the mosquito season ramps up here soon. Last year it was a nightmare trying to work close to dusk and after dark, even with bug spray. Let's make hay while the sun is shining this year.

Hit it Tex!

IMG-7076.jpg

Good evening friends. This batch will be ready to go out in tomorrow's postal run after a few short hours work in the morning. I've been doing it this way for a few weeks now, and it is doing wonders helping me avoid the late night cram session that kept putting me back onto late nights. As those of you know who have been around a while, I have struggled in the past to break my "afternoon shift" habit that was patterned into me by a few of my previous jobs. I'm please to say that I've been getting up in the morning every day lately and it feels great. Gonna be especially useful as the mosquito season ramps up here soon. Last year it was a nightmare trying to work close to dusk and after dark, even with bug spray. Let's make hay while the sun is shining this year.

Hit it Tex!

IMG-7076.jpg
did the gator always have sunglasses on?

If you check page 141 of the "show what you did with your EDC today" thread, you can actually identify three separate forms of GatoRayzilla Charles.

Allowing myself another R&D knife build. Recurves are known for their cutting power but also for being harder to sharpen. So how about a subtle one that keeps the former and minimizes the latter? This is the Sirupetite, in Suretouch, with a new texture idea using a tapered bit. Angled for both pull cuts and thrusts. It’s almost done, and coming home with me shortly.

IMG-6970.jpg
Oh, I like this. I think the angle will accomplish your goal well.

Gonna hit the shop for a few short hours this evening to organize next week's build schedule. Maybe start another R&D knife. Maybe Gatorzillasaurus Tex will evolve further too.

Been keeping this Bowie a secret. Until now. It was one that got misplaced at Andy’s when he was heat treating the last batch of 8670 I sent him. He recently shipped it back along with a few other goodies. May reveal those eventually.

Approximately six inch blade and eleven overall. .225” stock I believe.

IMG-7089.jpg

Poor guy’s been glued upon. Forgot to flip him over. Speaking of, that’s a Flip Point variant that I have not decided whether I’ll stay and wait for it to cure or not yet.

IMG-7095.jpg

By the way I actually made no changes to him today. However, one of the youngsters drew the “triceratops” over his head after her momma drew the bling around his neck. I asked them to make one change each.

By the way I actually made no changes to him today. However, one of the youngsters drew the “triceratops” over his head after her momma drew the bling around his neck. I asked them to make one change each.
I was gonna say looks like ya put a collar on the gator. now seeing it's bling...little by little gators reminding me more of Elton John for some reason.....

Back