Who do you want to make a hawk?

edmoses

Usual Suspect
I am sure that the readers of this forum will have looked at the American Tomahak forum on this site (if not why not?) - there you will see the awesome Hawk that is being made by Walter Brend using a style based on his Model 2 Fighter.

My question is which knifemakers would you like to see make a hawk, and which of their knives should it be based on?

I enough of use place suggestions and agree on a style we can try and lobby the makers!

My suggestion would be Ernest Emerson, I would love to see a Hawk based on his custom fixed blade tacticals such as the Phaser.

Regards,

Ed

I'd only want to see it if the knifemaker took the time to really learn about and understand hawks. As Two Hawks has pointed out before, there are a lot of nuances to making good hawks and if a knifemaker simply jumped into it, the results could be disappointing. That said, I'd like to see Busse work on it (their little axe looks pretty interesting) and the Strider guys.

I forgot to mention that at last year's Blade Show West, Steve Ryan was walking around with one of the meanest and most radical looking hawks I've ever seen. If you've seen his knives (there are some pics of his Mod 1 on the Emerson forum right now), you know what I mean! I'll ask him if he's got a photo that could be posted.

Back