Who still carries a Case Knife?

Medium and large Stockman in rotation.

04upMjT.jpg

Yeah, I think Case does a much better job on jigging. Theirs looks random & natural, while GEC's jigging always looks repetitive & machine made.
A good example:
Wow, and very nice photography! Thanks for sharing that beauty.

I have to admit that even though I am 99% SAK these days, I do cheat on my SAK's with a few traditional's I kept. One of my longest running affairs is the Case peanut. I have an old yella one with CV that gets carried and used with great pleasure, and a chestnut bone with CV. The mighty Legume has too deep a hold on me to abandon. It pares up nicely with a small SAK.

My name is Carl, and I am a legume addict. :(

Today's carry is a 1981 Case 6318 HP. I opened a box of knives I packed for the move last June 4th, so it's been nearly a year since I have seen it, maybe much longer since I carried it. Was happy to mark its reacquaintance by dropping it in my pocket this morning. Always glad to find a knife I forgot I had; just as fun, but much cheaper, than buying another one! OH
Case-6318-CV-Nine-dot-1981.jpg

While pulling my old Case 6318 out of a tray this morning to slip in my pocket, I couldn't help but notice the difference in its worn jigged Delrin vs. the new jigged Delrin on a couple others in that tray (pocketknives that I've never carried and that due to condition I doubt anyone has ever carried). I started looking around this afternoon at other jigged Delrin handles. Case does a nice job marketing its Pocketworn jigged bone handled pocketknives but they have missed out completely on marketing a similar line of Delrin pocketknives. Here is my 6318 on the bottom with the two others at top and center. Even the color on the worn handles has shifted to a lighter color. So - how about you gents showing off your Pocketworn Delrin Case knives? OH
Case-6332-1973-63033-1981-6318-HPSS-P-1976.jpg

Back