Recommendation? Wilton grinder

Contact TruGrit in California. They’re an abrasive and knifemaking tool supply house, and also a Jet authorized parts dealer (Jet now owns Wilton). They’ll probably have to order it for you, so it’s probably smart for you to contact Jet first and make sure you have the EXACT right part number you need in advance. I got one through them perhaps ten years ago. Perhaps things have changed, but I’m guessing that’s your best bet. Of course, Jet will likely be able to point you to a source, as well. Good luck!

there are 2 different ones
a rubber wheel about 3 inch diameter , and a hard plastic one about 4 inch diameter..
be ready to spend some $$$$ as neither is likely going to be cheap...

there are 2 different ones
a rubber wheel about 3 inch diameter , and a hard plastic one about 4 inch diameter..
be ready to spend some $$$$ as neither is likely going to be cheap...

Both of mine were rubber. There wasn’t a hard plastic wheel on it, although the tracking wheel was 90 durometer.

The top wheel is 1.5” and is mounted to an eccentric axle which allows the wheel to be rotated fore or aft to provide clearance for the platen, and the larger wheel below the platen is 3”. Apparently some of the new ones might allow for a 2” upper wheel, but it will still require the same eccentric axle, so a ‘standard’ 2” wheel won’t work.

***edited to add - on the page linked above, you can download the manual, and on page 13 it lists a contact for replacement parts, and below that is a breakdown schematic of the machine listing each part. Good luck!

I see this was moved to shoptalk. I’ll leave you to debate the finer details of tracking wheel composition over the history of the Square Wheel, as I’m sure it will be enlightening and informative. Meanwhile, I’ve posted TWO actual directions for solutions for the OP.

Now I’ll let you guys get lost in the weeds again, as usual. Carry on!

Well mine and the 2 a friend have have the rubber wheel
another friend also has 2 and both take the 4 inch wheel
just pointing this out as there are differences and the guy looking for one might get the wrong one..

Back