Off Topic Wonder what knives brands and models , have sold in highest number of units , over the last year , especially EDC type folders and fixed ?

I mean overall mass market knives sales , many of which probably not much talked about here .

I have to think that online sales have radically influenced knife buying habits , compared to the old brick and mortar days .

I sometimes search , on Amazon etc , by "popularity " for various knife types , to try to get some rough idea of online mass sales .

Smith and Wesson folders apparently sell like hotcakes !

But I also see Civivi and Victorinox as very popular sellers .

I'm pretty sure somebody has better info than this^^^ ...so please chime in !

What got me thinking about this was this thread :

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/what’s-your-favorite-big-name-well-known-large-scale-production-knife-and-or-company.1951404/

Seems like a lot of us knife knut snobs are very unfamiliar with the mass market . ;)

Possibly kershaw ; they are cheap and they are in Walmart Cabelas and many other stores made to be sold to the masses; victorinox can be a contender like the classic; look how many tons of them are confiscated by TSA and sold on Ebay….

Victorinox by a land slide.
10 million manufactured in a year.

Opinel next. They advertise that an Opinel knife of some sort is sold every 10 seconds, which is over 3 million per year

These are highly automated production operations.

and Case behind them.
Then maybe Buck.

Last edited:
Victorinox by a land slide.
10 million manufactured in a year.

Opinel next. They advertise that an Opinel knife of some sort is sold every 10 seconds.

These are highly automated production operations.

and Case behind them.
Then maybe Buck.
The SAK popularity doesn't surprise me ....but the Opinel kinda does .

Case and Buck , yeah those have been around awhile as "big names" .

People collect folding knives now and it's a fluctuating market, and manufacturers know this so, rare, unusual, and exclusive features are utilized to make knives sell fast because the pride and security of ownership of something that no one else has is at an all time high

Everyone buys SAK, Opinel, and Mora, but I think the knife collecting community doesn't realize how much of the market is made up of knives we don't have much interest in but are big sellers, like the Gerber Paraframe, Kershaw Cryo, and Buck has a few cheap plastic handled knives that are still made in the US and sold everywhere.

I think that SAK is a good guess, but other than that it is probably the kind of junk that most people on this site would not buy.

Back