1st Friday Production Updates

I apologize, those should have had the 90 day delivery checkbox on the product page. It's a check box that is off on its own so I must have missed it. During checkout there is a terms & conditions box where you need to check that your read them. That does say, "Unless otherwise mentioned, orders typically ship within 90 days" but I can't confirm when that box was updated so if that's not what it said then I apologize again.

We do consider the GSO-2.7s to be part of the weekly sales so they will head out once we are further along with those. The good news is that there were no weekly sales listed in June or July so we are actually a lot closer to those August orders than it may seem.
Ok, thank you for the heads up

Note: The Survive web page "Production Schedule" was updated on March 12th.
There is some additional information on the 4.1 and 7/7 in terms of which orders are being worked on.

IN THE FINISHING STAGES:
(In the SURVIVE! Workshop: being finished, sharpened, built, and packed up)
  • GSO-4.1: The final batches of Starter Orders (March & April 2015) are shipping! Preorders from May and June of 2015 are being worked on next! We will be working on Preorders over the next few months.
  • GSO-7/7: Starter Orders (March & April 2015) are shipping! Preorders are being worked on and shipped alongside the GSO-4.1 Preorders.
  • GSO-4 Limited: We have all of the materials and Preorders will be getting fulfilled once we are further along fulfilling Preorders from 2015.
  • GSO-3.5: In the final stages of production! Keep an eye on our Instagram feed, @SurviveKnives, to know when handles, fasteners, and sheaths are starting to exist. Preorders should start shipping in a couple of months.
  • Weekly Sales orders are being worked on alongside preorders and presale orders.
*Remaining blades, Factory 2nds and Ugly Betty knives will be made available as part of our Wednesday Sales, as we come across them while working on fulfilling existing preorders. We will not be listing any new inventory until we are caught up on our current backlog of Weekly Sales orders.

***Please note: There is a lot going on in the SURVIVE! Workshop these days. We are doing our best to get through existing preorders, but it will take several weeks from when preorders for a particular model start shipping out, until they are all fulfilled.***

IN PRODUCTION:
  • SK-3.5: In Production, completion TBD. Blades are in the final stages of production and should be available sometime within the next few months. Check back for regular updates.
  • GSO-12 / SK-12: In Production, being water-jet. Blanks are getting precision machined to size!
FUTURE PRODUCTION:
  • GSO-6 / SK-6: Run is getting ready to start cutting!
  • We do have steel for the following models and will update their production status as they get closer to cutting:
This page will be updated as new information is available. The last update was on March 12, 2018.

Do they mean to say March, April, May, & June of 2017 regarding the 4.1's? Don't think 2015 is the correct Year.

3.5 Preorders shipping in a couple months, maybe I'm missing something but wouldn't the 3.5 Starters ship first??

Do they mean to say March, April, May, & June of 2017 regarding the 4.1's? Don't think 2015 is the correct Year.

2015 IS is the correct year.. These are the Starter knives that some of us paid in full in those months in 2015... 2017 orders should be expected to ship in 2020...

2015 IS is the correct year.. These are the Starter knives that some of us paid in full in those months in 2015... 2017 orders should be expected to ship in 2020...
Let's see. The orders from 2017 are probably for the 3.5, 12, some of the last of the weekly sales 4.1, and probably some 7/7.
They seem to be making progress on those models.
The knives that are really buried in the production schedule (like the next run of the 5.1) weren't sold during 2017.

Ordered on 01APR15:

1 × GSO-3.5 Starter

Options
Steel: CPM-3V
Handles: Black & Red G10
Fasteners (see product description for updated information): Tumbled
Sheath: Black Kydex
Bow Drill Divot: No, Thank you
Ferro Notch: No, Thank you

Pardon my confusion, but I ordered (and paid in full) a GSO 3.5 in June of 2017. Is this the same run as 2015? Do the updates I see of the 3.5’s nearing completion apply to my order? Or do I cynically wait for 2020 ?

~Jim

The orders from the 2015 starter campaign for the GSO 3.5 will get built first, then the preorders and then the presales.
The GSO knives are all built as one production run although it has taken several months or up to almost two years for them to complete assembly and ship an entire run.
If you bought a SK 3.5 in 2017 then it will be built by a contractor and won't be subject to the ongoing Survive shop delays, so you can expect to get it sometime in 2018.

I'm looking forward to the First Friday update, because I see that at least one lucky soul is getting a May 2017 order for a 4.1 second filled. :)

I'm looking forward to the First Friday update, because I see that at least one lucky soul is getting a May 2017 order for a 4.1 second filled. :)
Got my F2 4.1 shipping notification today, ordered April 12th. I have a F2nd 7/7 ordered April 7th that has not shipped, but should be soon. I thought I read somewhere that they were having computer problems, so hopefully that is a real shipping notification.

April 2018

1st Friday Production Update:

SURVIVE! News:
As many of you know, for some time now we've been working on ways to shorten our production lead times and continue to improve our fit and finish over increasingly larger run sizes. We've found out the hard way the snowball effect that hand work on relatively large, back to back production runs can have. Newer work goes wanting while older work gets finished, the newer work becomes older work, delays become compounded... It isn't a good time for you as a customer and it certainly isn't ideal for us here in the SURVIVE! shop. While we haven't accepted any new orders for quite some time as we get caught up on our backlog, we knew there was more to be done to ameliorate the situation long term.

After talking with our suppliers and weighing out all options, it was determined that the best option for the future of SURVIVE! is to consolidate the bulk of our processes to a single location. That single location is Meridian, Idaho, where Millit Knives will be taking on the heavy machining work that had previously been handled by several vendors around the country. Millit will also be heading up all production of the SK Series. Additionally, SURVIVE! is moving all current operations down to Meridian, where we will be utilizing a portion of Millit's Workshop. Benefits include:
  • Better Production Runs: Components are being manufactured, assembled, and finished in a single location. SURVIVE! will also be immediately available for any questions and problem solving.
  • Shorter Lead Times: With all aspects of manufacturing happening under one roof, work will be completed in much less time.
  • Synergy: By teaming up, both companies will gain access to useful equipment and resources, allowing us to achieve more.
  • Man Power: Many of you have suggested that we need to hire more employees. In a very real way, we have. Millit is a team of well trained, highly skilled craftsmen that are excited to take on these new projects.
  • Continued Quality: There are many folks who are concerned about the quality dropping as we hire new people, scale up GSO Series production, and outsource the entire production of the SK Series to a third party. This new approach will allow us to scale up all production while maintaining the high standard that you've come to expect from SURVIVE!. Guy will still be in the shop, carrying out all critical aspects of the GSO Series and SURVIVE! production in general.

Current Production:

With all of this news comes LOTS of moving! We're doing this right now, so we don't have much to report as far as production goes. We did manage to get a bunch of knives out the door before we started boxing things up and our down time should be very minimal; We expect to be completely moved and operational in the next week. Our May First FridayNewsletter should be very exciting!

Meridian, one of the fastest, if not the fastest growing cities in the US. Having lived in North and South Idaho and many points in between, there is going to be a significant increase in service suppliers in the Meridian/Boise area compared to Kellogg (can't really see the transition from Meridian to Boise any more).

Freaking crazy for a nothing special production knife. Can’t believe everyone hasn’t asked for a refund.

Been a lot time since I have been on this subforum but I am cautiously optimistic about this change of location. Only time will tell I suppose but I would love to get another 5.1.

Waiting on the 4.1, 4.5, and delta 3v 5.1 has been a serious exercise in patience. If I don’t see somethings in the next few months I may have less patience.

I am looking forward to the SK line being available. Plan on making a couple purchases then.

Waiting on the 4.1, 4.5, and delta 3v 5.1 has been a serious exercise in patience. If I don’t see somethings in the next few months I may have less patience.
The GSO 4.1 is in production, so I think you'll get shipped this year. The 4.5 and 5.1 aren't in production yet so they are going to take longer.

Back