Anyone like Tsuba's and other fittings?

this is one I picked up a bit ago.

and another one I had some time ago as I understand it was an openwork geese tsuba
I like the Mokume tsuba on the right. Yes, those are stylized geese. The tsuba is signed Korekazu. Most likely Ishido Korekazu who was a sword smith.

I like the Mokume tsuba on the right. Yes, those are stylized geese. The tsuba is signed Korekazu. Most likely Ishido Korekazu who was a sword smith.
I really enjoyed that one before I let it go.

The dragon and tiger old or newer made? Some pierced iron ones.
3SQ8TDy.jpg
Ibd9RRl.jpg
JTE1RkY.jpg
GXjR53b.jpg

And two signed
EgRHSe8.jpg
BOdVDOZ.jpg

"The dragon and tiger old or newer made?"

They are antiques, very high end antiques.

Are there any places to buy a koiguchi and kojiri? Not necessarily expensive antiques.

Are there any places to buy a koiguchi and kojiri? Not necessarily expensive antiques.
I used to buy them on eBay, probably overrun with Chinese crap now. But I'll bet there still some on there that are real. Just don't buy anything that looks too good.

You need to specify what you want, antiques or modern reproductions. Both koiguchi and kojiri can be made from horn or metal.

I had heard recently that Chris also passed away. Very very recent. Less than a week ago now. Confirmed on their website as well. RIP to a couple of amazing craftsmen

I had heard recently that Chris also passed away. Very very recent. Less than a week ago now. Confirmed on their website as well. RIP to a couple of amazing craftsmen
Yes, I heard recently that Freds son Chris had passed also. Neither were craftsmen, they supplied all the things needed for modern restoration, but farmed out the work.

Back