Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

I listed this knife a few times, and no takers. Instead of dropping the price, (which I don't think is fair to folks who've paid good money for my work up to this point) I decided that there is a higher value to keeping it for testing, so that's what I'ma do
zNq1jWa.jpg

I like it. More than I thought.

I listed this knife a few times, and no takers. Instead of dropping the price, (which I don't think is fair to folks who've paid good money for my work up to this point) I decided that there is a higher value to keeping it for testing, so that's what I'ma do
zNq1jWa.jpg

I like it. More than I thought.

Love it, Lorien. Would get it if it wasn't so similar to the Adder.

Love it, Lorien. Would get it if it wasn't so similar to the Adder.
they are very different knives- it's weird when things look similar, that when you put them to use they work and/or feel totally dissimilar.
This version of the Q Factor is very different from the regular version, which is designed primarily to be very svelte and easy to carry. With its fat handle, this one is more like a puukko or bushcraft type woodworking tool. It's done some fairly high strain whittling and other uses where the handle has a lot of pressure applied for relatively lengthy work, and so far I've found it to be pretty easy on the hand.

Here is an interesting one. Hand forged 1095 by Paul Cooper, a student of Master Bladesmith J.D. Smith. Tapered tang, differentially heat treated which has left a hamon line. Handle is stabilized walnut and Paul did a wonderful North star motif on the handle with nickel and brass pins. The whole thing is based off a trad-pattern Dave Beck knife I used to have. It’s extraordinarily well done. The balance point is right on the index finger:

IMG_7630.jpegIMG_7633.jpegIMG_7632.jpegIMG_7674.jpeg

Back