Bowies, Choppers, Camp Knives, Fighters and other Large Fixed Blades!

This thread is for posting Bowies, choppers, camp knives, fighters and other large fixed blade knives that would qualify for the John White MS Memorial BEST BOWIE Thread.

The knives can be unveiled elsewhere but must be made in the current year. Images can be of your work or someone else's. Please credit the maker with any images posted.

Examples can be found here:

Last edited:
NxEiX6C.jpg
5fmjnwZ.jpg
4nO6JJQ.jpg

SUBSTANTIAL feel! Randy @Caston_Custom_Blades is sole author on this remarkable 'hand forged' Bowie.⁠

He lives in Liberty Mississippi. Coincidence? I think not. :)

Knife: Fixed Bowie⁠
BL/OAL: 10 1/2"⁠
Material: 3864 layers 15n20 & 1080 San Mia 1015 & 5160 total 3867 layers⁠
Forged_by: Hand forged by Randy Caston⁠
Bolster: Stainless steel guard. 100 layer 15n20/1080 butt cap⁠
Handle: Walrus ivory⁠
Sheath: Randy Caston⁠

Caston.png

We recently finished this bowie, it has an 11" blade, damascus steel made with 1095 and 15n20. The guard is phosphatized iron, the collar is linear damascus and the handle is Desert Ironwood burl with a stainless steel insert, this insert It is riveted and goes through the tang, then it is textured on the surface. Embossed leather sheath.
9-Bowie-canal-1-Web-brillo.jpg
Bowie-canal-3-web-Brillo.jpg
Bowie-canal-4-web-brillo.jpg

This thread is for posting Bowies, choppers, camp knives, fighters and other large fixed blade knives that would qualify for the John White MS Memorial BEST BOWIE Thread.
Seems like it might not be a bad idea to make a John White MS Memorial BEST BOWIE thread, pinned to the top of this forum, that showcases the previous winners. I’m guessing there’s a whole bunch of folks that don’t even know what the hell the ’competition’ is, and pinning it and showcasing the winning knives would expose the random visitor to it, and maybe even stimulate more participation.

A brief gallery of the work from over the years could go a long way, I’d think.

Just a thought.

Richard338 Richard338 Lorien Lorien RogerP RogerP

Seems like it might not be a bad idea to make a John White MS Memorial BEST BOWIE thread, pinned to the top of this forum, that showcases the previous winners. I’m guessing there’s a whole bunch of folks that don’t even know what the hell the ’competition’ is, and pinning it and showcasing the winning knives would expose the random visitor to it, and maybe even stimulate more participation.

A brief gallery of the work from over the years could go a long way, I’d think.

Just a thought.

Richard338 Richard338 Lorien Lorien RogerP RogerP
Great suggestion, I'm on it. I just drove 1000 miles yesterday, so please give me a day or two to catch up.

Back