Busses and Whisky

Glad you are all having fun with your whiskey but for me it is way more fun to play with knives while drinking a good tequila.

Garth
Hey, this is an old quote, but one thing I know is, it's still valid. So, currently, got any good Tequila for mooching? 😄 Dont be shy, Brag a little!

Had a real special opportunity to experience a one of a kind moment. A friends wife, bottled this for her "Special Bottle" at Heaven Hill some weeks back. A 14 year old wheat dominant barrel strength during a visit recently. It was so damn hot, real scorcher. Burn your tongue off hot. I said "lets add water". Normally I don't get much from adding water, but a few drops from a cap and OMG` this was an exception. This was the most impressive change ever adding a little h2O. Not everyone likes a wheater, I do.
This was like a rich, complex, desert. Heavy on molasses/brown sugar/vanilla. Depth of body was incredible - A once in a lifetime opportunity - Sorry no Busse with me but it's close enough to the "compound" there's Infi dust in the air being just
hundreds of yards from where all that sweetness comes from - probably in the water too after all these years.

Brandi's wheater 1.jpgBrandi's wheater 2.jpg

My new favorite Whiskey/Whisky is Tamdhu Batch Strength (sorry, Lagavulin, we had a good run, but it's run its course).

Last edited:
Holy Shit! --- What is going on? Are Busse owners on the "Almond Milk" train? ... it's like I don't even know you anymore 😂 ..... But the ones I do know, you'll appreciate this photo of "One Off's" ... Tonight a buddy of mine, who does a lot of travelling through the dirty/dirty south, decided on a "High Proof" tasting this evening... Nothing under 100 I think.... I got fk'd up. Of note, I can see Jerry's porch lights from here. You wouldn't know there's a stash of exquisite (aint no more) bottlings of really impossible stuff in walking distance of the compound. Not like you really need to ever leave there if you found the "stash" .... but most important is, just to be able to appreciate these, would take years of intense study. This is why I'm even allowed to look at his bottles, much less taste them.
But, the winner of the night? a 12yr aged Knob Creek, with a cap of water - and you won't believe what tickles your tongue, you really wouldn't .... To the left of this pic is a stash of at least 16 bottles of Bookers/Little Book that I can't even describe.

whisky.jpg

BTW, he has 2 bottles of the 18yr ~ we're gonna crack it on his birthday in June... The 12 was mind blowing, can't imagine the 18yr will be in the "sucky" range :)

Anyone ever try Driftless Glen? The past 4 single barrels I've gotten from them have been fantastic.

Back