Recommendation? Chinese QShave adjustable stainless DE razor

Roaduck, I have not taken a file to that razor. I would chuck it up in my metal lathe and give it a spin first. Aesthetics still count for me in hardware even though that ship has long sailed on my own age and looks.

I picked up a RazoRock Game Changer .68-P with their Super Knurl Handle. Their Game Changer series offers different heads rather than an adjustable one. I picked one in the middle and figured I can pick up the next size up or down depending on how I like the .68-P. I think I picked one that hit the mark for me. The Super Knurl Handle is fantastic! I am going to play around with a few of the razor heads I have from other makes to see if it will fit. If so I will get them all equipped with an extra grippy handle. All the best...

Of course a lathe - brilliant Greg King - call me old fashioned but why were the old solid brass Gillettes knurled haha !
RazoRock Game Changer .68-P sounds a goodie - hope it floats your boat(race) - face - cockney rhyming slang !
I bought my brother a Chinese Q Shave clone on the big "A" for his birthday last week and he loves it compared to horrible expensive cartridges but I want to find him a vintage medium weight 3-piece DE and show him how to wangle the angle; nevermind youtube videos.
We are both old dogs learning new tricks.

Wow! That's some impressive stuff.

I usually use plain old Thayer's Witch Hazel for aftershave. When I want to get really fancy, I have a bottle of the cheap Clubman Bay Rum. I think you can get it for about $7 a gallon, and when you put it on after you shave, it feels like you just set your face on fire. But I remember that stuff from the old barber shops when I was a kid, so it's a nostalgia thing.:)
When I was in college my Anthropology professor said shaving was a masochistic rite. I thought that only applied to the Old Spice aftershave! But I admit after 60 years of shaving it doesn't seem complete without the burn. Clubmam Bay Rum, you're giving me ideas!

When I was in college my Anthropology professor said shaving was a masochistic rite. I thought that only applied to the Old Spice aftershave! But I admit after 60 years of shaving it doesn't seem complete without the burn. Clubmam Bay Rum, you're giving me ideas!
The price may have gone up a tad since I bought it last, but it's still pretty cheap on the big river site. My barber still has big quart bottles of Clubman on the shelf for sale, along with flat top grease, Brylcream, Vitalis, and other old stuff that's been sitting there for years. He also has a big collection of old shave mugs, although I seriously doubt anybody's gotten a shave there so far this century.

Of course a lathe - brilliant Greg King - call me old fashioned but why were the old solid brass Gillettes knurled haha !
RazoRock Game Changer .68-P sounds a goodie - hope it floats your boat(race) - face - cockney rhyming slang !
I bought my brother a Chinese Q Shave clone on the big "A" for his birthday last week and he loves it compared to horrible expensive cartridges but I want to find him a vintage medium weight 3-piece DE and show him how to wangle the angle; nevermind youtube videos.
We are both old dogs learning new tricks.
Let me know if you'd like a vintage Gillette in nice shape.

Let me know if you'd like a vintage Gillette in nice shape.
Ah bless you Dodgy - Thank you so much for your wonderful kind offer !
I`d love an old brass Gillette - would have to sort you out with paypal friends or bank transfer because I live in North West England...Cheers !

Ah bless you Dodgy - Thank you so much for your wonderful kind offer !
I`d love an old brass Gillette - would have to sort you out with paypal friends or bank transfer because I live in North West England...Cheers !
No problem sending something out in shave ready condition on the house. Sadly, shipping to Limeyland will run $35 from Denver. Heh, maybe not the best way to go.

Another option would be to look at a UK shaving site called https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/

Nice group with lots of helpful posts and members..

No problem sending something out in shave ready condition on the house. Sadly, shipping to Limeyland will run $35 from Denver. Heh, maybe not the best way to go.

Another option would be to look at a UK shaving site called https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/

Twas' a very cool offer none the less ;)

$35 shipping is no problem dodgy - I will p.m you next week when my boat comes in and I would love to reciprocate with something sharp for you - hehe - no problem.
Denver - Colorado - yep remember the crazy airport years ago when I was a Hi-Fi rep - lovely place but some mad bread-heads haha !
Thanks again and take care buddy.

Back