• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

* Closed books * Sharpening service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary W. Graley

“Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Well I will start accepting requests for sharpening.

This will not involve blade thinning or modifying the knife. Just repairing a dull edge and possibly repointing the tip. So I wouldn’t be able to do grinding on your knife.
Sharpening will be done by hand on Shapton glass stones up to 4k grit

Price wise would be dependent on the knife, Plus the actual return shipping cost. So please email me at chiseledge@yahoo.com or message me here on the forum to sort out how much it would be.

Payment would be by check or cash sent in with your knife/knives

Thanks
G2

Last edited:

This will not involve blade thinning or modifying the knife. Just repairing a dull edge and possibly repointing the tip. So I wouldn’t be able to do grinding on your knife.

Price wise it would follow a per inch rate
$1.50 per inch
Plus actual return shipping cost

Thanks
G2
I'll be keeping you in mind, Gary!

Zieg

Price wise it would follow a per inch rate
$1.50 per inch
Plus actual return shipping cost

Thanks
G2
Wish you were in Canada

Thanks I’ve visited a few times and I always found it very nice and the people were welcoming. Moncton was one of the more remote places but also nice as well.
But crossing borders would be an added complication that I do need to avoid, unfortunately.
G2

Well, a couple of fellows reached out to me about what I had listed for pricing the sharpening and suggested that I may want to reconsider it as I would be working for basically nothing, the gas to take the package to ship would end up more than what I was planning on charging.

SO, for the couple of fellows that are already in the process of sending me knives, I will honor that original 'plan' :) as that is only fair to them. And moving forward if anyone needs a knife sharpened we can discuss it per knife and arrive at a reasonable amount that makes sense for my time and work without breaking your bank too.

So I have modded the first post to reflect that change in how I was going to calculate the cost for sharpening, it will still be reasonable but I can't give it away either and I appreciate the input from those guys.

G2

Last edited:
Thanks boss, very kind of you to say, steel plays a big factor of course in how well a blade takes an edge.
G2

You can PM me now and I will certainly fit you in, no worries :)
G2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back