Collectors gear up - HEST/F first run misprint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tripton beat me to it!!

correcthest.jpg

That's the exact same picture. Again, the angle is wrong and it's impossible to make a determination either way based on that pic. Even if it was a good pic that still wouln't prove anything. Like I said, I'll wait until I get mine and if there is a gap I'll decide what to do based on the proposed fix.

I like the proposal of a new and longer blade. That would satisfy me completely. Based on what I've read so far, anything short of that may have me looking for a refund at this point.

You do understand that its a tip up knife , and when you pull
the knife from your pocket , the exposed tip can catch , and "tip wave open" itself?

I can see people cutting them self in the leg quite easily .

1234,,,,,:confused:

I just don't see that happening but who knows.

I stand corrected. The picture above my post is larger than the one I was alluding to in my comments. It does appear ok in that pic but it doesn't change my point of view on the issue. I'll wait and see for myself on my knife.

Pardon me if I'm completely out of my mind. I haven't seen the specs on this blade. Is the blade length correct or did the build them with a short blade?
Has anyone measured the blades they have recieved?

Pardon me if I'm completely out of my mind. I haven't seen the specs on this blade. Is the blade length correct or did the build them with a short blade?
Has anyone measured the blades they have recieved?

Good point...it might even be a case of having the pivot hole on the blade drilled a little off. Where the blade is the correct length, but the hole is in the (slightly) wrong place.

Good point...it might even be a case of having the pivot hole on the blade drilled a little off. Where the blade is the correct length, but the hole is in the (slightly) wrong place.

then it wouldn't lock.

I stand corrected. The picture above my post is larger than the one I was alluding to in my comments. It does appear ok in that pic but it doesn't change my point of view on the issue. I'll wait and see for myself on my knife.

BP Green No worries
I was wondering if I needed new glasses.......

I got my Mr DP today.. no mis-prints. :thumbup:
Although.... after I saw this I was kinda hoping it would be.
I think that looks kinda neat and makes a good conversation piece. ;) .. YMMV of course. :D

Just wondering if I should exchange the blade for a longer one if that's an option or keep the original blade with the misprint. Is the misprint really more collectible?

IMG_6673.jpg

As for the gap with the tip of the blade, it looks it's an issue with mine as well. I'd rather see a longer blade instead of a smaller pin.

IMG_6677A.jpg

IMG_6679.jpg

IMG_6678.jpg

I got my Mr. DP today as well (still waiting on my Sterile). My dp logo's are spelled correctly on both sides. Maybe there is only the one that is wrong?

My blade tip sits at the same spot as I've seen everyone else's so far. Not sure whether it really is an issue as of now, certainly it would be better if the tip sat lower.

I would think that Lionsteel would be the ones to put any blame on, if blame were to placed. RYP didn't make the blades personally.

Last edited:
Guys, it has nothing to do with blade length at all. It's how far the blade sits inside the handle, which is set by the stop pin. RYP has already stated what the fix is, and as long as that fix doesn't allow the lock to move all the way across the backside of the blade, it's a viable fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back