commemorative Urban Raven questions

Howdy, all!
I am a newbie here at Simonich knives, so please be patient with what may be silly questions to you all...
I was at the Simonich site, and saw the urban raven. Really nice knife, I thought. I e-mailed and asked about availability, and was told that the commemorative raven was available.
My questios are: What is the special coating on the blade? Does it come with a sheath? Does anyone have a pic or a link to a pic so I could see it?
Also, I am not sure whether this is a handmade, factory, or combination of both. I have been going thru old postings, and have found bits and pieces, but I figured I would just ask my questions outright. Some of you seem to be really knowledgeable, from your postings.
Thank you for your help, and... happy belated new year!
Joseph

The C Raven is availible, though how many are left I could not say. If you are interested contact Christine as soon as soon as possible. Phone is the best way. Be patient, she has alot on her plate and may take several days to get back to you.

The knife is a mid-tech. Meaning that half the work is done with machine and half is done by hand (as with a custom). The machine work is the profiling (which is waterjet), the blade bevels (CNC disc) and the handle scales (CNC mill). All the assembly, fit, finish, sharpening, sheath work, handle finishing, etching etal is all done by hand.

The blade coating is called DLC (daimond like carbon) by Bodycote. Extremely tough stuff prefered by many custom makers.

The knife does come with a hand made custom Kydex/Concealex sheath equiped with a Teklok (IIRC).

I will dig around to see if I can find a photo that shows the sheath.

Thank you for the quick reply. I appreciate it. :)
I am trying to find out all I can, as there is a bit of a price jump from the raven I saw on the site, and the commemorative. Especially, since I have never seen one in person, just that one photo on the site.
However, since the knives, in general, are so well thought of and spoken of here on these forums, I am considering taking the leap.

To the best of my understanding, the prices on the website are not current. I could be wrong but the prices I have heard are higher than those listed. The price differance between a regular Urban Raven and the Comm Urban Raven is not that big.

Keep in mind that the Comm is meant to be a collectors piece IMHO. If you are looking for a user. I would say to go ahead and get a regular Urban Raven. They are back in limited production.

Back