CPKhuk

Hey All,
The Khukri will be my first CPK and I am really looking forward to it. I was just wondering how the sale will work, will there be a few months warning with a preorder, or do new designs just appear? I ask as I have the chance to snag another blade that is very high on my list, but doing so will deplete my "toy money" for a couple months. I just want to make sure I do not risk missing this khukri.
Thanks!

Hey All,
The Khukri will be my first CPK and I am really looking forward to it. I was just wondering how the sale will work, will there be a few months warning with a preorder, or do new designs just appear? I ask as I have the chance to snag another blade that is very high on my list, but doing so will deplete my "toy money" for a couple months. I just want to make sure I do not risk missing this khukri.
Thanks!
For other pre-orders, they let you know in advance when the official thread will go up. They'll let you know how many are available and how many each person can order. Then it's just a matter of being ready to post as soon as possible that you want one in that thread. So you may have one minute or a few days...

The kukri got onto the production schedule but I ordered the steel with the grain oriented the wrong direction. (Rolling direction matters). We will need to use that steel on another (shorter) project before I order replacement material.

We will make it, but the production has been postponed a little while. I don't think it's going to be this year unfortunately

The kukri got onto the production schedule but I ordered the steel with the grain oriented the wrong direction. (Rolling direction matters). We will need to use that steel on another (shorter) project before I order replacement material.

We will make it, but the production has been postponed a little while. I don't think it's going to be this year unfortunately

This actually made me sad hence #sad although the fact remains that you are still planning for this pattern to go into production for 2024 (keeping fingers crossed). The reason which it made me sad is because out of the 50 or so CPKs which I currently own, I think that the 2 which I don't own yet because they are nonexistent, would most likely get the most use (if ever), one being the CPK-Kukri because of all those blackberry bushes which need to be slain. Can you guess the other CPK? ;)

Thanks for letting us know, and for doing it right!

Nathan: ^ "We will make it, but the production has been postponed a little while. I don't think it's going to be this year unfortunately."

While waiting for the CPKhuk to move from the pre-planning whiteboard stage and into production... I came across one of Bill Siegle's cool "Shere Khan" Kukri/Choppers.

I think this one should hold me over nicely but I'm still looking forward the Lorien/Nathan collaboration. ;)

The Shere Khan specs are: OAL ~17-1/2" with a blade length of ~11-7/8" and the steel used is .250" thick cold blued 5160 with a differential heat treat.

Shere Khan.jpg

DSC01201-vi.jpgDSC01205-vi.jpg

Nathan: ^ "We will make it, but the production has been postponed a little while. I don't think it's going to be this year unfortunately."

While waiting for the CPKhuk to move from the pre-planning whiteboard stage and into production... I came across one of Bill Siegle's cool "Shere Khan" Kukri/Choppers.

I think this one should hold me over nicely but I'm still looking forward the Lorien/Nathan collaboration. ;)

The Shere Khan specs are: OAL ~17-1/2" with a blade length of ~11-7/8" and the steel used is .250" thick cold blued 5160 with a differential heat treat.

View attachment 2178053

View attachment 2178054View attachment 2178055
I know which One Id choose..... Haha.

Nice comparison.

Back