Gear Thread

I need a pretty small/compact pen. I don't need it to do anything but write. Any suggestions?
I use one of these but they also have shorter ones it’s a great pen I’ve been using it at work for a few years. I’ve been through many refill and it’s hit the ground a few times still looks good. I will post a picture of mine tomorrow it stays at work. You can get 20 percent off. IMG_6775.jpeg

I need a pretty small/compact pen. I don't need it to do anything but write. Any suggestions?
I’ve been carrying a Hinderer investigator pen in my wallet for years. The titanium version is almost weightless and goes unnoticed until I need to sign the bill at the steakhouse and I don’t want to touch the pen that they found under a bench in a pile of aquanet covered hair from 1986.

I’ve been carrying a Hinderer investigator pen in my wallet for years. The titanium version is almost weightless and goes unnoticed until I need to sign the bill at the steakhouse and I don’t want to touch the pen that they found under a bench in a pile of aquanet covered hair from 1986.
For over $200; I'd rather eat the pile of aquanet covered hair. 😆

I found my old Parker jotter, so I think I'm all set now. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Check out the Tacray Titanium Mini Stylus Pen on Amazon. 84mm/3.3” in length.

I have one of their discontinued Titanium and Carbon Fiber pens, and they’re well made, and not too expensive.

The one mentioned above is currently $37.xx.

The Emberlit is an awesome piece of gear. Heating up some swamp soup and a few from our hike this morning.

QFs7dWK.jpeg

P7KIpsq.jpeg

JUTbzkm.jpeg

3w6zHSv.jpg

rLE2iXW.jpg

RAcZ0z8.jpeg

l24bIT3.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh no, Tül pens are the alpha and omega of pens. Wife orders them for work, I steal them from the wife, she orders more. It’s the circle of life.

But I did pick up a new pack. Badlands Superday. Looking forward to trying out all these cool features. And it naturally camouflages with the bed spread.08471596-7FCE-47FD-AD7F-B1C04C9439DD.jpeg

Oh no, Tül pens are the alpha and omega of pens. Wife orders them for work, I steal them from the wife, she orders more. It’s the circle of life.

But I did pick up a new pack. Badlands Superday. Looking forward to trying out all these cool features. And it naturally camouflages with the bed spread.View attachment 2561527
I’ve got the same (approach colored)pack being delivered today. Decided between it and the 2200 plus a couple Eberlestock versions. Can’t wait to put her through the paces. Hope yours serves you well.👍🏼

Back