God Save the Queen!!

The Scagel and the stag sodbuster (?) are my favorites.
Interesting story, Alan;
I traded about 6 of my Queen-made (before they got real popular) HJs for an equal number of those SFO stag Sodbusters, back in the day!! The guy who ordered the SFO Sodbusters was from somewhere in Alabama. When I google-earthed his address, all the scanning showed me was treetops from above!!
Maybe he was a Hobbit?? šŸ˜²
Anyway, I kept the one I liked the best!!
This was about 2005, before Bill left to open GEC!! :) Likely, he made them!!

it's amazing what you can learn from Google earth. Spanish police just arrested an Italian mafioso who'd been on the run for 20 years. They saw him in Google earth. Six HJs? Wow!

OLQHNyS.jpg

LH4eoY2.jpg

sp6Qo5s.jpg

dws1s0d.jpg

A real beauty, Duncan. šŸ¤ :thumbsup:
Thank you John
I picked up a Queen at the GEC Rendezvous and Queen Vintage Knife Market, now I am very scared of insulting someone if I get this Wrong - there is to be very Honest a few glitches in my Memory- but I am sure that John ( Augie) gifted me one of those? It may have been the Bone example which like you say is a real Beauty! ( I apologise in advance if I have this wrong)

I only own three Queens.
E8002B24-1252-4B9F-B37B-0A88F35308C5_1_105_c.jpgDFA79A19-AF6C-4EA0-9135-9716C6B03B0A_1_105_c.jpgFCFD5869-3162-4ABC-AE3F-200E0DCB759F_1_105_c.jpg

The top two were acquired quite some time after purchasing the congress shown at the bottom.
Since I'm not familiar with Queen cutlery, I don't know how to date them. I do know at one time I could see a "Q" with a crown above it towards the end of one of the larger blades on the congress. IIRC, I think I dated it to the 40's? As you can see, it's been well loved. :)
Any idea as to the scales on the congress?

I only own three Queens.
View attachment 1725837View attachment 1725840View attachment 1725842

The top two were acquired quite some time after purchasing the congress shown at the bottom.
Since I'm not familiar with Queen cutlery, I don't know how to date them. I do know at one time I could see a "Q" with a crown above it towards the end of one of the larger blades on the congress. IIRC, I think I dated it to the 40's? As you can see, it's been well loved. :)
The sheepsfoot looks to be from 1973~1975 and the clip point on the bottom looks to be from 198X (80?).

I only own three Queens.
View attachment 1725837View attachment 1725840View attachment 1725842

Natural bone, Winterbottom jigged. I have a few of those.

Good afternoon. I've just found this forum, and I'm happy to be here. I have an identical Queen #26 to the one Will Power posted a photo of on the front page of this thread. I found you fine gentlemen (and ladies!!!) because I'm looking for a new emblem for my knife. Anybody have any leads, given the company has been out of business for 5 years now?

Thank you John
I picked up a Queen at the GEC Rendezvous and Queen Vintage Knife Market, now I am very scared of insulting someone if I get this Wrong - there is to be very Honest a few glitches in my Memory- but I am sure that John ( Augie) gifted me one of those? It may have been the Bone example which like you say is a real Beauty! ( I apologise in advance if I have this wrong)

Good memory Duncan especially since that Rendezvous was a whirlwind of activity, hard to believe we would remember anything.

I know I've seen loose shields for sale. I think I've seen Queen after they went out of business. It wouldn't hurt for you to do a search there, save it, and have email alerts if a Queen shield is put up for auction. You could get lucky.

Great picture Dwight, really shows just how wonderful the bone was on Queen barlows of this era, some of the best ever used in my opinion.
Thank you John. Your images of these knives were my inspiration. I do love em.

Back