How to carry a Bali?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCarbideRat

BANNED
I'm new here, I have a problem as to carry, Balis are legal in my state [thank the higher life force] but when I got it in my back pocket next to my wallet it sinks horizontally to the bottom after I have moved around for a 1/2 hour or so, making me not know the position of my knife. I know there are sheaths but I don't want to advertise. I want to know exactly how the knife is resting as I carry it, front pocket IS an option but with the knife in there by itself it gets in the way of my leg movement and its uncomfortable, so what else? is there a thread anyone can point me to, or link? Haven't found any workable solution yet, thanks.

Last edited:
Try some kydex makers, it should not be too difficult to make an IWB or horizontal sheath (with covering garment if desired).

As per tradtion, wrap it in a "panyo" (handkerchief) and you should have no problems with it moving around. Then learn how to use the panyo in conjunction. :)

Matador-

Matador thank you for your post, I even have a one of those I got it in Leyte province, good idea I will try it as well. How we handle our blades is like as important as the blade itself riight?

Funny story I scared the shit out of some people in Batangas, well it's funny now after the fact. I did have khakis and a boonie hat on, is that what they were so afraid of? they asked me what I was doing there, so i obligingly told them I am here to buy some knives, if you will kindly? I know filipinos are basically friendly but I was a bit taken aside by the smell of their fear, and didn't immediately know how to calm them down, as i was not acting threateningly in the first place. 3 hour ride from manila to Batangas, allowing for traffic. And they have TRAFFIC.

Last edited:
I came across a nylon flashlight sheath fits just right, works for now. carry the rig in back pocket next to my wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back