Jay Fisher opinion on CPM-Magnacut

Ready to ride with Hoss and Blues:

HaIzKTq.jpg

Heck I even got the rope!

Seriously though, bout half a gilgillion years ago I was on the Fisher website. Didn't take long, even though I didn't know much, that it was NOT the right place for me to learn more. Well played Larrin, well played.

Damn, and Larry McMurtry isn't around any longer to write the tale. (More's the pity.)

(We don't rent pigs steel.)

this is both funny and sad .. i understand some knifemakers getting tired of the newest super indestructible super steel at 65 rc ..
hell in my years there have been many .. each one supposed to be better than the others !!!! i get some of the frustration from it ... (agree or not)
but this is like what i call the "New Yorker" yo i heard this from my cousins boyfriends sister type of this as if it is a fact... 3rd-5th hand info..
Larrin i remember you 20 plus years ago at a few shows next to (Dad) you have decided to actually do your own homework, instead of quoting others
that combined with who (Dad) is gives you credit in my book .. i respect you both!!! and only wish some that quote others quit being a "New Yorker"
you handle the conflict well ....

On the other hand, this former New Yorker, (born and raised), has stood up for Larrin on multiple occasions here on this site...especially, it seems, against Pennsylvanians, as I recall.

LOL.
Poor Pennsylvania. I had never been to the state until my job interview in 2015 but Pittsburgh has been a good place for me. Though to be fair different parts of the state vary. I know Pittsburghers who have never even been to Philadelphia. The Philly area shares more with Jersey and surrounding cities. It’s a pretty big state.

I applaud those makers who stick to one alloy or maybe just a few alloys and learn them well, perfecting the heat treating and finishing, there’s value in that for sure. Makes it easier to focus on just making knives.

I am the opposite though, learning as much as I can about all steels related to knife making and their heat treatment and characteristics. When I started making knives there wasn’t much available, mostly 154 cm, 440-C and D2, with a little A2 or O1 occasionally.

There were a few early makers that pioneered the way for us today exploring new steels/alloys looking for the holy grail in knife steel.

The knife industry has grown big enough that steel producers have entertained our many wild ideas.

Some knife buyers are interested in all the new stuff and others don’t really care.

It’s a fascinating journey.

Hoss

In was being humorous. KC's line was "Everyone has a right to their own opinion. No one has a right to their own facts."

There ya go. That's the way I remember it, too. I wasn't rankin' on you, Stacy, at all, so please don't take it wrong. Other people's specious "alternative facts" POd me just as bad back then, too, you'll remember. :confused:

Kevin's other version was, "Everyone has a right to their own opinion. No one has a right to their own science."

Rob Decker was in Pennsylvania. Haven't heard much about him in a while. Last post on his website was 4 years ago. Next to Sam S. Decker was the second craziest man with a hammer in his hand.

When you want "alternative facts", nobody beats out a defense attorney trying desperately to come up with a Hail Mary at a criminal trial.
examples?
Lol, just kidding- please don't 🤣 😭

examples?
Lol, just kidding- please don't 🤣 😭
I'll give you a couple of short funny ones from federal district court in Miami...

Lawyer is badgering me on the stand with accusations of everything from shooting his client, beating him, setting him on fire etc...even asked how many bullets were in my gun prior to the arrest and afterward. Finally, finishes up with asking whether a "drug dog" was on the scene. I told him there was.
He asked me "what did the dog tell you?"...having had enough of him I kept a deadpan face and said "I didn't talk to the dog, he didn't tell me anything".

Judge cracked up. Jury cracked up. Audience cracked up. I turned to the judge and apologized for being flippant. She said "No, no...he had it coming."

Had another one, desperate to find anything, sum up his cross examination of me by asking me..."Special Agent, knowing what you know now, is there any doubt in your mind as to the guilt of my client?". I looked at the judge, thinking I was walking into a trap for a mistrial, and asked if I could answer the question. He said go ahead. My reply was..."Knowing what I know now, there isn't the slightest doubt in my mind that your client is guilty." His reply? "I have no further questions for the witness."

Jury was out about 15 minutes.

There, I kept it mercifully short for you, Lorien. (I've got plenty more. LOL.)

I never like it when people put words into other people's mouths, especially when I do it. I don't know of anyone, including Larrin Thomas, who has ever claimed Magnacut is the "very best steel possible for knives." That kind of statement begs the question, "best for what kind of knives?" My limited understanding is it's a very balanced steel that filled an open spot on the stainless steel toughness-hardness chart.

I respect Jay Fisher's longevity and ability to stay in this business, that's not an easy thing to do. He does his own thing and doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks.

He does his own thing and doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks.
His statement was a "put down" statement. That's defense talk. Seems likely he's afraid of other peoples thoughts. I remember reading on KSN where his method is disproved. So the propaganda is his method of defense. He's probably reading this, too.
Hi Jay!

Back