Kailash Mutiny 12" comparisons to Sirupate 12" ?

I would have thought that both the Mutiny and Sirupate khukuri are a more popular option in the longer blade lengths but at the same time I know there are a number of forum members who prefer the shorter 12 inch blade versions . These shorter blade versions obviously will have a few restrictions compared to the longer lengths but for lighter bushcraft use ,restricted carrying options and as a backup defensive weapon I would imagine they would have a place within certain environments . I would be interested to know if any members here have both 12 " models and would appreciate any feedback regarding comparison between both styles in bushcraft use , and how they actually feel in the hand ? Also is there much change in blade aesthetics in the 12" versions ?

The aesthetics don't change that much for sirupate style blades. Regular khukuris can become stretched or wider as they get longer- sirupate just get longer and so retain the same general look. The bolsters sometimes become slightly narrower, leading to a narrower handle. This is the case for the 12 inch mutiny also.
I really like my 12 inch mutiny. It's light, lean and quite handy for picking through scrub with smaller, considered cuts. It wouldn't be my first choice for a wood chopping blade, however if I needed to grab something to clear an overgrown hiking trail with and defend myself from potential animal attack in the wilderness it would be a good choice.
Take care,
Andrew and the team at Kailash

The aesthetics don't change that much for sirupate style blades. Regular khukuris can become stretched or wider as they get longer- sirupate just get longer and so retain the same general look. The bolsters sometimes become slightly narrower, leading to a narrower handle. This is the case for the 12 inch mutiny also.
I really like my 12 inch mutiny. It's light, lean and quite handy for picking through scrub with smaller, considered cuts. It wouldn't be my first choice for a wood chopping blade, however if I needed to grab something to clear an overgrown hiking trail with and defend myself from potential animal attack in the wilderness it would be a good choice.
Take care,
Andrew and the team

Take care,
Andrew and the team at Kailash
any chance of a photo (s) of your 12" mutiny or sirupate side on so I can get a good perspective of how they look with shorter blades .

Back