Let's see some ram horn scaled knives

mill428

Gold Member
In last couple of months I have been experimenting with rescaling 110's and 112's with different kinds of wood. Lately I've used buffalo and elk horn. Staying with that theme, I ordered some ram horn off the bay. I know Buck offered it years ago in the custom shop but the search function here has turned up very few examples. Most pictures that were posted have been deleted over the years and even the google doesn't turn up much. I know ram wasn't as popular as stag but I have always appreciated well done ram horn on any knife (or revolver grips!) So while I wait for my order to be shipped to me from Alaska, I thought I would reach out to you all and see if I could get some inspiration. Surely there are a few of you out there that have knives with beautiful ram horn scales. I can't be the only one who likes that combination. Although it doesn't have to be a 110 or 112. It can be anything. Show me what you have!

Please. :)

I put this 101 together for my cousin a couple of years back. Ram horn is one of my favorites though I have none of my own.

I have a few slabs ready to put to use, but can't seem to find the time.
Beautiful! Love the color you can get from ram horn. I’m sure your cousin is very grateful for your skills. That’s a keeper

Oh my…. I can see why they are favorites

What blade coating is on the 110?
Thanks! I believe the blade coating is cerakote but I am not positive. It was made by Bucks custom shop and I don’t remember what years they used what coating.

Last edited:
Love some ram horn covers...
A 315 rescaled by Leroy Remer...
hS0z0as.jpg

A 112 from Buck...
HHTNqkY.jpg

A 192 from Buck...
yWNwktx.jpg

Last but not least a 124, again by Leroy Remer...
9IXGK7F.jpg

Love some ram horn covers...
A 315 rescaled by Leroy Remer...
hS0z0as.jpg

A 112 from Buck...
HHTNqkY.jpg

A 192 from Buck...
yWNwktx.jpg

Last but not least a 124, again by Leroy Remer...
9IXGK7F.jpg
Wow, again great examples! No two alike. I love the color of that 112 and the 192. And I’m glad you included a picture of your 315. I’ve been looking at some of my smaller folders to do something similar.

It’s a shame Buck doesn’t still offer ram horn as a custom option.

Back