Let's see your good old basic fixed blades, Bowie's, Stickers, etc.

Custom Hunters

DBllawc.jpg
This fellow has some impressive knives, too!

I just received this beautiful Moki Bird & Trout knife in the mail today.

I really love the fiery color of the " brown jigged bone ", with the very deep jigging it really looks like it could be a dyed stag.
I don't know who makes this bone or how and have never seen anything like this before, but it's awesome.

Last edited:
This thread has been dormant for too long!

How about a Blackjack fighter. Did it scratch the Randall itch? Yeah. It's pretty similar and I can use it. I dare not use the old Randall. Very nice knife. Well built. I'd take it with me during the zombie apocalypse.

This was a Condor kephart blade that was done up in purpleheart last year. The blade grind was wayyyy to thick for a utility knife. I also used tru-oil on the purpleheart and it looked like 💩.

So, today I had some fun!

Reground the blade and it doesn't look too bad for a first attempt. Added a bit of a clip point to it. Way better geometry and shaving sharp now from the Arkansas stone. Removed the finish from the handle, sanded back up and polished it. The purpleheart looks much better now. Tru-oil has its uses and it's a nice product, but this wasn't a good application for it.

I might drill out that last pin and replace it with a tube. I don't know yet. That'll probably be one of those projects I do while waiting for another project to dry or something! Lol!

This thread has been dormant for too long!

How about a Blackjack fighter. Did it scratch the Randall itch? Yeah. It's pretty similar and I can use it. I dare not use the old Randall. Very nice knife. Well built. I'd take it with me during the zombie apocalypse.

This was a Condor kephart blade that was done up in purpleheart last year. The blade grind was wayyyy to thick for a utility knife. I also used tru-oil on the purpleheart and it looked like 💩.

So, today I had some fun!

Reground the blade and it doesn't look too bad for a first attempt. Added a bit of a clip point to it. Way better geometry and shaving sharp now from the Arkansas stone. Removed the finish from the handle, sanded back up and polished it. The purpleheart looks much better now. Tru-oil has its uses and it's a nice product, but this wasn't a good application for it.

I might drill out that last pin and replace it with a tube. I don't know yet. That'll probably be one of those projects I do while waiting for another project to dry or something! Lol!
Nice work there Rick, two fine-looking knives there :cool: :thumbsup:

I got this Brisa Kephart directly from the firm, after a poor experience with one of their vendors here, and found them a great company to deal with :) I really like the knife, but unfortunately, I do not get out to the woods as often as I used to, so it still hasn't seen a lot of use. Hopefully, I'll get more chances to carry it this summer :thumbsup:

I got this Brisa Kephart directly from the firm, after a poor experience with one of their vendors here, and found them a great company to deal with :) I really like the knife, but unfortunately, I do not get out to the woods as often as I used to, so it still hasn't seen a lot of use. Hopefully, I'll get more chances to carry it this summer :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! I love that Brisa.

I should have just went for the Brisa from the start but for some reason this Condor blade seemed like a good idea at the time. I like the knife now, it did a fine job today at work.

Thanks Jack! I love that Brisa.

I should have just went for the Brisa from the start but for some reason this Condor blade seemed like a good idea at the time. I like the knife now, it did a fine job today at work.
Thanks Rick :) I think Condor's version might have been out a few years earlier Rick, surprised I didn't pick one up myself :) :thumbsup:

Back