My Patriotic Duty

MacHete

Hair Cropper & Chipmunk Wrangler
I have recently come into a little unexpected cash, and feel that I can best stimulate the economy by expanding my Khukuri holdings. I also feel that I can best stimulate this flagging forum by asking you guys what you would recommend that I add. Follows a list of what I already have:

1. Ken Onion inspired pig-sticker Khukuri
2. WWII with rosewood handle
3. Service #1 with stabilized maple handle

I am considering obtaining at least one of the following:

A) Jungle Fighter
B) Mini-Jungle
C) Reiger designed Khukuri
D) 18" Panawal
E) big Ang Khola

I hope to eventually own everything on the above list, but I would appreciate suggestions (and enjoy explanations) as to what would be a logical "NEXT" acquisition. Of course, if there are any super-secret special projects in the works, I'm always game for those :D

Thanks for your thoughts gang!

You might like the Reiger model. It will be a sort of match for your Ken Onion. I have one of the Reigers. It is really a great design. A little out of the normal mainstream models. I think it is one of my favorites. The Panawal is nice also. I have been thinking of asking Craig if he could come up with a model like the WWW3, but with the whole item made in Nepal. With a standard sheath, horn handles, and that nice full and tapered tang. That would be a nice addition to a collection also!!! Good luck with your buying!!

Woo-hoo! A post!:cool:

MacHete,
of the GH/KH products, I have a WWII, a Balance (Thanks, Dan :D), a mini-jungle, a 16" panawal, a Cheetlang, and a biltong (the 'lil fella). Yikes! I have more Khukuris that I thought!

of the ones on your list, I'd go for the mini-jungle (one of the more useful sizes, in my opinion), or the Reiger. The Reiger is at the top of my personal list. Since the Reiger is more of a specialty, I'd expect that it may not always be available. Plus, It just looks cool :cool:

You've already got the SN1, which is the same size as the jungle fighter, so personally, I'd wait on that one. Though if you really like that size, you may want to get it next!

I'd get the rest in whatever order strikes your fancy!

let us know when you decide,

Patrick

Two votes for the Reiger! Not the overwhelming voter turnout I had hoped for, but a mandate from the people nonetheless!

I was actually leaning that way anyway, mostly because of the ephemeral availability, as Outdoors pointed out. I appreciate your thoughts, guys.

Now, the next problem: I notice the ordering buttons are not yet active again on the GH site. I really hate to bother Craig when he's moving and everything, so I guess I can just wait to order my new Khuk.

YEAH, RIGHT :p I'm gonna email him straightaway.

Have fun. I think you will love the Reiger. It is a sweet Khuk, and different enough from allot of the others to make it feel real special in the hand!

Tragically, my email to Craig was returned undelivered. The order buttons are not yet operating again on the GH site. Immediate gratification of my Khukuri needs seems a dim prospect. But I will persevere! I may be an out of shape, ethnocentric and self-absorbed American, by golly, but I KNOW WHAT'S IMPORTANT. And I will not hesitate to commit to a worthy endeavor. However long it takes, whatever sacrifice is required, I WILL stimulate my nation's economy by buying another khukuri! I WILL support the socio-politco-economico well being of the friendly and non-terrorist nation of Nepal by engaging in trade with them! The evil forces that want to deny me the freedom to own big, scary knives are in for a shock, because THIS pudgy blue-collar midwesterner will not let this naked aggravation stand!

-Which is all just a soap box way to say, "I guess I'll order my Reiger when the buttons are turned back on". :D

Well said, my fellow American! Let's use our most potent weapon (That's overwhelming consumer purchasing power:D) to support out country! Seriously, good luck with the Reiger purchase. I'm sure Craig will have the site back up soon. Wouldn't want to miss out on the holidays, after all.

Patrick

Back