New Batch for Heat Treat with a Couple Surprises

Big Chris

SAHD/Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
IMG_2482.jpg

For scale, the sword at the top is 36" OAL and the chef's knife below it is a 12" blade. Some of these are for orders, the majority are not, they were just space fillers to make the batch cost efficient. The majority is CPM 3V, there are a few CPM 154. If you see anything you are interested in, let me know.

As of 8/24/2014 Big Chris Custom Knives is not accepting anymore custom orders due to Baby Berry number 4 (coming Spring 2015). If we have already discussed an order that is pending, it will still be fulfilled but I will not be taking any new orders until after things have settled. My goal is to make a run of some S90V friction folders during the middle of next year with hopefully some liner locks coming soon after.

I will still continue to do regrinds.

Thanks for your support. This isn't me signing off or going away. I will still be as active as I can with the forum but I am at a point I feel I need to focus just a little more on family and preparation for the new baby.

First off, congrats on Baby Berry 4!

Very cool to see a "family portrait" in this heat treat batch.

Also very cool to hear that you're planning on some liner locks. Would love to see what you can do with folding knives.

Todd

Thanks for the kind words.
When I get these back I will have close to 150 heat treated blades in my shop that would love some finishing.

You are killing it Chris. Congrates on #4. With 150 in the shop and heat treated you can put together and ship out as time allows. 3V makes a great blade for sure. Any chance of getting a kitchen blade without a handle? Thanks Martin

Congrats on #4 Chris!! Hope the family is well, give your wife a big hug to let her know we hope she feels well, too. Like some of those hunters, are you going to post them as you complete them over time?

You are killing it Chris. Congrates on #4. With 150 in the shop and heat treated you can put together and ship out as time allows. 3V makes a great blade for sure. Any chance of getting a kitchen blade without a handle? Thanks Martin

I have about twenty right now that are glued up with the handles rough shaped. I want to get a few finished this week so I can start kydexing them. Just got in some of the Kryptek Camo Kydex and that stuff is pretty good looking. I will get a few pics up in a day or two.

Of course you can get a blade without handles. Shoot me an email to bigchriscustomknives@gmail.com

I'm also interested in a kitchen knife wo handle 6" blade or less

The blades on the smaller ones pictured are around 7", and they are the only kitchen knives I have at this time.
Feel free to email me as well at the address above.

Chris, what is the model with the swedge (vertical all the way to the right)?

That is the Personal EDC. There are 6 of them in this batch, all from .150" 3V.

Congrats on #4 u brave Man U!,,

Can't wait for these it get up for sale!!!

Daniel, I am a glutton for punishment.
As stressful as these kids are, there is nothing in my life that has given me more pleasure.
Thanks

The 3V Bowie EDC is now spoken for.
There is one more in CPM 154.
I also have one started in M2.

Congrats!

I'm glad to see a sword. After you finish my knife I'll have another ready for you. Maybe a sword :)

All the blades are back from heat treat now and orders are starting to come together once again.
I love when a plan finally comes together.

Trying to decide on a handle material for the sword is such a difficult decision.

Back