Owners! Post up your Backwoods and KFU knife photos.

That recurve tanto is sick man! I got Bill's first/proto pocket pal and use it all the time. Its got a nice patina on it now. I will get a good pic of it today and post it up.

OK Chris here you go... recognize this oldie but goodie?...
kfu.jpg

Awesome Strat! That was my first knife I ever made from start to finish. I hope she is getting some yard use!

Oh yeah. Probably more than any other knife I own. I guess I'm in the KFU Hall of Fame! First knife, wow...

Damn Strat, that is one sharp looking knife !! Chris, not bad, not bad at all for your "first" knife . . . . . :thumbup:
Strat, you might want to have Chris send you a letter of authenticity on that one, 'cause when he & BA become "celebs" in the next 20 years & all their knives are custom collector item's, you could send your children to college on that one alone . . . . :D
Nice score stratmeister, great looking piece of craftsmanship Chris . . . well done.
Be safe.

Last edited:
Hear that Chris? A celeb!

Actually it's one heck of a knife that I really love. Cuts like crazy, holds an edge, and fits like a glove. Koa to boot...

Strat, you were a celeb way before that! Im glad you are getting some use out of it. I got one coming up tonight or tomorrow that would make a killer yard knife;) Thin grind willow leaf blade and spalted maple handle!

Nah Bill, thats a different one. I still gots THAT one.

Here's my KFU EDC knife. Got it Friday, been carring it anytime I leave the house.
DSC00130-1.jpg

DSC00134-1.jpg

DSC00136-1-1.jpg

thanks for the pix IMW
good to see knife and sheath together and separate, needed that to see the ratios
now, either your camera shoots at a wider angle, or this knife has some oriental qualities I did not recognise before
fascinating!

O.K. here are 3 fine blades with my 2 favorite pistols. Kimber Tactical Pro and a Taurus m85 titanium.
Randy
009.jpg
[/IMG]

My Tanto after a Colorado mountain outing! This is my first knife from Bill and I am so happy with it I want more!

More pictures can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cougar337/sets/72157627002367152/

5851709946_61e91182ee_z.jpg

Tanto on some 100 year old gold mining equipment
5890216690_4ec76ed375_z.jpg

Tanto on a water pump at a abandoned gold mine
5889649541_784ef55036_z.jpg

Tanto on fresh snow runoff. Dont worry I cleaned, dried and oiled the blade after it's swim in the cold water :)
5890216372_077514bec5_z.jpg

This thread should be labeled "user crack". I'm gonna need me one of these now!

Back