P-38: Handsome ergonomic perfection

choombak

Gold Member
I recently acquired a P-38, and am stoked by the way it fits in my hand. For a smallish blade, the handle is very comfortable and the blade is very handsome. I compared all other knives I have (small Sebenza, Leafstorm, Techno, Dua, small bone collector, and griptilian), and this folder absolutely melts in the hand. The knife is light, and perfect office EDC carry. Actually, a few women in my workplace commented how "handsome" it looked - the blade already has a fanbase :D

The only thing I'd change is the pocket clip -- its clips higher for my comfort, I prefer deep carry clips. Here are a few quick shots from my cellphone.

Thanks Mike for a superb folder.

image%25289%2529.jpeg

image%25288%2529.jpeg

image%25287%2529.jpeg

Man, that is nice!!
I agree on the convenience of the deep pocket clip. What are some of the specs on it?

Congratulations! It looks great. There really is nothing like a P-38. As you said, melts in the hand, lightweight, quiet but handsome looking, all that you need and nothing wasted. With a deep carry clip it's just about perfection.

Hey Buddy, thanks for that.
Darkpast the blade length is 2 5/8"
Doc, OAL is 6 3/8" Closed 3 3/4"
Choombak thanks for that great review.

Hey Buddy, thanks for that.
Darkpast the blade length is 2 5/8"
Doc, OAL is 6 3/8" Closed 3 3/4"
Choombak thanks for that great review.

S35VN blade, and orange-black carbon fiber scale (it is featherlight!).

UPDATE: I did not find much an issue with the clip -- actually since the knife does not have a lanyard hole, the extra length helps in a firm grip. I do plan to get a deep pocket clip installed in a few weeks (would require sending it to Mike as some machining is involved).

Back