Paragee Christmas

shootist16

knife law moderator
my family went to my sister-in-laws house to celebrate Christmas with my wife's family. It was a semi-dress up affair so I carried my Paragee. (The Paragee is my dress up knife, lets face it the knife looks more expensive than it is :D ) When it was time to open presents my wife asked to use my knife to open the children's toys. I gave her the Paragee. A little while later I hear this terrible sound. I look over and see my wife sawing through some metal ties. :eek: :eek: :eek: When I got the knife back it would no longer shave hair. :( This morning I got out the sharpmaker. A few passes had the Paragee razor sharp again. :) It took longer to set the sharpmaker up than it did to sharpen the knife. :eek: Outdoor Edge has impressed me again.

Shootist, How does the Paragee compare to the Camillus EDC in your opinion?

I like both companies very much so this is a "more bang for the buck"
kinda question.

They are so similar in fit and finish it isn't even funny. With the Paragee you get AUS-8 which, in my opinion is better than the 420 that Camillus uses in the base model EDC. Of course the EDC can now be had in 154CM, D2, or talonite. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I personally think whichever one you like the look and feel of is the one to get. If I were going to get an EDC I would opt for one of the higher end steels, or talonite.

I have both and like them both equally. I know this doesn't help much.

Back