Photos! Post your CPK photos here!

^ Epic score EMCEE EMCEE . All beauties. That Skinner is the crown jewel to me…👑

Big congrats!

Phil
Thank you Phil ! Lady Luck definitely swung my way . I agree, the Skinner is a very special knife. It’s beautiful and has such a keen hollow ground blade. I suppose the purdy scales don’t hurt, either. 😋

Best regards,

Michael

6ggDi6G.jpg

Bought some Boiled Linseed oil and Mineral oil today to dress up some CPK scales.

Put Linseed oil on the Red & Black linen Micarta. It really brings out the colors. Thanks for the tip carnifex knifeworks carnifex knifeworks
Before
IMG_3174.jpeg

After
IMG_0324.jpeg
IMG_3181.jpeg

Tried mineral oil on the Burlap Micarta scales and on the blades. DEF2 scales are buffed and DEK 1 are not

IMG_3187.jpeg

Boiled linseed oil on top 2 scales and other 3 with Mineral oil on scales and blade

IMG_3188.jpeg

Last edited:
Bought some Boiled Linseed oil and Mineral oil today to dress up some CPK scales.

Put Linseed oil on the Red & Black linen Micarta. It really brings out the colors. Thanks for the tip carnifex knifeworks carnifex knifeworks
Before
View attachment 2554805

After
View attachment 2554815
View attachment 2554806

Tried mineral oil on the Burlap Micarta scales and on the blades. DEF2 scales are buffed and DEK 1 are not

View attachment 2554807

Boiled linseed oil on top 2 scales and other 3 with Mineral oil on scales and blade

View attachment 2554808

That’s a beautiful grouping you’ve got there Cwilliams563 Cwilliams563

Your Satin/Swedged DEK1 though is my eye candy pic of the morning, sweeeet!
😎🍻👍

Before
View attachment 2554805

After
View attachment 2554815
View attachment 2554806

View attachment 2554807

View attachment 2554808
Be careful with boiled linseed oil. It usually contains metallic drying agents that are pretty toxic. That's why I recommend polymerized linseed oil; it's food safe.

Oh shoot it was polymerized wasn’t it? I’d forgotten that part. Couldn’t find your post before I went to Ace Hardware. I wore latex gloves just out of habit. I’ll have to read more in to it thanks. Crazy that potential spontaneous combustion and all that 😮!

Last edited:
Oh shoot it was polymerized wasn’t it? I’d forgotten that part. Couldn’t find your post before I went to Ace Hardware. I wore latex gloves just out of habit. I’ll have to read more in to it thanks. Crazy that potential spontaneous combustion and all that 😮!
If you only did one coating you might be fine, I'm unfamiliar as I don't buy the boiled stuff.

If you only did one coating you might be fine, I'm unfamiliar as I don't buy the boiled stuff.
I actually did 2 coats 😬. Rubbed light coats on with gloved fingers, waited 10 minutes (wait 5-10 minutes per directions), and then wiped the excess off with clean rag real well, for 2 coats each scale. The things you do for beauty 😆

Out of curiosity, which product of Polymerized Linseed oil do you use?

I now have a gently used quart of Boiled Linseed oil for sale cheap 🤣

I actually did 2 coats 😬. Rubbed light coats on with gloved fingers, waited 10 minutes (wait 5-10 minutes per directions), and then wiped the excess off with clean rag real well, for 2 coats each scale. The things you do for beauty 😆

Out of curiosity, which product of Polymerized Linseed oil do you use?

I now have a gently used quart of Boiled Linseed oil for sale cheap 🤣
I use " Tried & True Danish Oil"20240421_115433.jpg

I used the Walrus oil brand with good results.
I forgot to say thank you for the recommendation carnifex knifeworks carnifex knifeworks !
I only used it on the reaper scales and it made a great difference in color while maintaining a good grip. I only did one heavy coat, left it to dry overnight and wiped off all the excess. It's been about a month and it looks just right for me.

Attachments

• IMG_9315.jpeg
    IMG_9315.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9314.jpeg
    IMG_9314.jpeg
    266.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9317.png
    IMG_9317.png
    160.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9322.jpeg
    IMG_9322.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 7
Cool thank you carnifex knifeworks carnifex knifeworks and afr afr , I had seen both of those online while looking.

Glad I used mineral oil on the rest of my others that day. It too is food grade and safe. It was labeled as “cutting board oil”

The nice thing about the Mineral oil, is it is food safe, and apparently doubles as a laxative. Next time I perty up my handles, I may just get my Poo on too 💩 🤣

I used the Walrus oil brand with good results.
I forgot to say thank you for the recommendation carnifex knifeworks carnifex knifeworks !
I only used it on the reaper scales and it made a great difference in color while maintaining a good grip. I only did one heavy coat, left it to dry overnight and wiped off all the excess. It's been about a month and it looks just right for me.
Those scales look great!

The other reason I like polymerized linseed oilis how it dries. It turns into a hard gel like substance once fully cured and it has an almost waterproofing effect on porous materials. I use it on my axe handles to great effect.

Back