REK Ember fixed blade discussion thread

no-credit.png

It seems like every time I've gone with a 3 inch blade, I'm wishing for a little more. It could just be in my head, but that's what always happens. I just find 3 inch blades to be a little lacking, but I know that's not the case for most people.
Well, that can be a legit issue, depending on your needs, no doubt. For me, I find the two versions of the REK 3.0 just right for EDC...including neck or pocket carry. Very capable.

No question the 3.5 will add a certain amount of capability, and perhaps take away only a bit of everyday convenience.

Well, that can be a legit issue, depending on your needs, no doubt. For me, I find the two versions of the REK 3.0 just right for EDC...including neck or pocket carry. Very capable.

No question the 3.5 will add a certain amount of capability, and perhaps take away only a bit of everyday convenience.
Everyday convenience meaning ease of carrying?

Everyday convenience meaning ease of carrying?
Yep. (Since I'm frequently in sweats...and don't want anything awkwardly sized or cumbersome in the pocket or attached to the waistband . ☺️)

Why I love neck carry.

(Of course, I have a j-frame in the waistband while watching the hockey game. In case I have to shoot an opposing player.)

Back