SDFK is Glorious

The SDFK started out as an experiment for a run of knives that we were going to do for Amazon but changed our minds. It was only a short run and, unfortunately, they're pretty much spent.

We have a lot of other knives in the pipeline for this year and next so it's going to be a while, but I hope to revisit the SDFK pattern again in the future. Perhaps 2025.
Hello sir, any other knives planned in this approximate size range in the pipeline?

I find the 7-8” range is ideal for many of my purposes. A knife similar to this one but with Magnacut and an optimized heat treat might be an endgame kind of piece for me. Add an orange handle so I can find it if it falls out of my pack or canoe and that could be it for me. Until I lose it 😂

SDFK by my side during a night hike. Was packing up to go after a cup of tea.

52783547154_df9ab65890_c.jpg

Buffed or unbuffed?

I guess then some supplier stock variation as they appear to be somewhat lighter in looks than the few samples that I have.

View attachment 2141442
Buffed. A few other pictures on page 32 of this thread as well, but they look similar. Yes, this seems to be a different material than previous OD green canvas. The weave in the canvas material is a little looser and coarser too. Looks more like Burlap than the older OD green. It wasn't what I was expecting, but I actually like it better than the older stuff. Happy surprise. :)

86631DDB-A9A8-4F54-A3A4-A3E594FBB0BE.jpeg
Hunting coconuts in Hawaii, which has actually getting a bit difficult, as most landscapers remove the coconuts from the trees. A falling coconut can and has killed. So as a precaution pretty much all coconuts get removed. These were out on the old highway, on a 15ft tree. I climbed the tree, took 3, husk them up and threw them in my sack. Success!

Last edited:
View attachment 2144587
Hunting coconuts in Hawaii, which has actually getting a bit difficult, as most landscapers remove the coconuts from the trees. A falling coconut can and has killed. So as a precaution pretty much all coconuts get removed. These were out on the old highway, on a 15ft tree. I climbed the tree, took 3, husk them up and threw them in my sack. Success!

Yeah, I've heard falling coconuts assault people quite regularly. Talk about an awful way to go, as if god bumped you out with his finger directly.

Yeah, I've heard falling coconuts assault people quite regularly. Talk about an awful way to go, as if god bumped you out with his finger directly.
While traveling in Asia, I got to hear about the dangers of falling coconuts, durian (😮 those things look like they were made to be flung from a trebuchet) and jackfruit (the jackfruit aren't hard, or hard AND spiky like durians, but can get up to 30+lbs!).

Back