Shiv. Shiv. Shiv.

The original design, I was trying to minimize any risk of a gap at the end of the scale, I wanted the screw near the end to pull that scale flush at the end.

That ended up being a non-issue.

But people who throw their knives (there are people who do that. Ugh) benefit from some space between the butt of the knife and the screw hole. The micarta is very durable, but it is physically possible to crack it with enough tomfoolery. And it is warrantied for that.
Wow, not sure I've ever seen tomfoolery covered by warranty before! How about shenanigans and monkey business?

Last edited:
Shiv 2.0 #2 arrived today and I couldn’t be happier with it. I bought it with handles that match the first one ( Double black canvas - maybe less fighting between kids later ) but also spiced it up a bit with a second set.
Pure awesomeness.

Attachments

• IMG_9181.jpeg
    IMG_9181.jpeg
    235 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9183.jpeg
    IMG_9183.jpeg
    224.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
It's "almost" dirk proportions 😁
The Shiv will outlast it's 18th century counterpart, however; in just about... well... all scenarios.

WoNkhAu.jpg

I have some time in the outdoors coming up next week. I plan to have the Shiv be my main companion during my time in the woods. I think it will prove to be a pretty capable and versatile tool.

Think of it this way: bayonets, particularly throughout the 18th and 19th centuries, were far more than just a stabbing tool. They were utilized for a lot of various camp purposes that they certainly were not intended for. The resourcefulness of the soldier should never be underestimated. Even the more modern Ka-bar type "fighting knife" - the stories I have heard from my family and buddies in the military would make the average knife lover cringe (or not, depending on perspective).

I have no doubt that the Shiv will exceed any and all expectations. I plan on beating the crap out of it - or at the very least, I won't be gentle. A knife, one designed for fighting or otherwise, can be one hell of a capable tool and I plan to put that concept to the test.

I have some time in the outdoors coming up next week. I plan to have the Shiv be my main companion during my time in the woods. I think it will prove to be a pretty capable and versatile tool.

Think of it this way: bayonets, particularly throughout the 18th and 19th centuries, were far more than just a stabbing tool. They were utilized for a lot of various camp purposes that they certainly were not intended for. The resourcefulness of the soldier should never be underestimated. Even the more modern Ka-bar type "fighting knife" - the stories I have heard from my family and buddies in the military would make the average knife lover cringe (or not, depending on perspective).

I have no doubt that the Shiv will exceed any and all expectations. I plan on beating the crap out of it - or at the very least, I won't be gentle. A knife, one designed for fighting or otherwise, can be one hell of a capable tool and I plan to put that concept to the test.

Please posts pics and thoughts!!!!!!

Back