Show me your Shallots...

shallon_zpsbaa89718.jpg

When I tried the Shallot at a lks a couple years ago, I couldn't get it out of my head. Ergos seemed great, and speedsafe was most impressive. I really thought I was going to love it.
I scored a deal on a blem and carried it daily for about 3 months.
After the second time it slipped from my hand, and the 2nd hour spent repairing the damage to the blade, I decided I needed something grippier. But I had removed the clip, and readily admit to being a klutz, so it's no knock against the design.
I still like it, but after picking up a bunch of other stuff that suits my needs better I decided to find it a better home.
I gave it away in a giveaway, to a guy who had only had fixed blades.
Here's my parting shot:

When I tried the Shallot at a lks a couple years ago, I couldn't get it out of my head. Ergos seemed great, and speedsafe was most impressive. I really thought I was going to love it.
I scored a deal on a blem and carried it daily for about 3 months.
After the second time it slipped from my hand, and the 2nd hour spent repairing the damage to the blade, I decided I needed something grippier. But I had removed the clip, and readily admit to being a klutz, so it's no knock against the design.
I still like it, but after picking up a bunch of other stuff that suits my needs better I decided to find it a better home.
I gave it away in a giveaway, to a guy who had only had fixed blades.
Here's my parting shot:
Thats why I only use the DLC shallots and leeks. You wouldn't think it, but it does give it more grip over the non coated handles.

Thats why I only use the DLC shallots and leeks. You wouldn't think it, but it does give it more grip over the non coated handles.

Thanks juju. I handled a friend's DLC leek before buying my own. It did feel different to me, but his had the clip, too. (I remove most of my clips if I'm going to pocket carry the knife.) I didn't suspect the coating would make that much difference.
Now you've got me thinking I need to give it another chance...

Back