Show us your shaving stuff!

Thought some of you might be interested in seeing the things I use to maintain my straight razors and shave with. My set up isn't pretty, but I made do with the space available to me. :) I set up my hanging leather strops in a false closet that is basically an access door to our shower and bath's pluming. There is enough space to store some supplies, and the strops, so I put it to good use:

shave02.jpg

Here is my medicine cabinent with all my after shaves, the razors at the top, and other crap:

shave01.jpg

Here are a couple shaving mugs that hold my shaving soap, and my silver tip badger hair brush (silver tipped badger hair makes the best shave brushes as it holds a lot of water):

shave03.jpg

Here is a shot of one of my work tables in my basement where I have all my shaprening gear, such as my EdgePro Professional, Spyderco Sharpmaker, and various sand papers and a piece of plate glass:

shave04.jpg

Here are my 4000x and 8000x water stones that I sometimes use to hone my razors. Although lately I find I can get great results with microabrasive papers:

shave05.jpg

What's up with the plate glass?

Spark said:
What's up with the plate glass?

The plate glass gives you a true flat surface. So when you lay, stick, etc, the sand paper on there you have a truely flat surface. I originally got it to lap my hones with to flatten them out by pouring silicon grit on the glass, water, and grinding down my hones to remove any dishing in them.

Back