THE BUSSE CHAT THREAD!

I am with you on not finding the TG top guards appealing. Since my knife usage is domestic (vs combat or extreme usage environment) I think it would be in the way of grips I use on a knife.

Some folks just grind them off. There are pics running around on the web of that modification. I do generally like the final result of that surgery.
Grinding it off is doable. And I’ve modified other Busse blades to make them my own. I will say, though, that I have not found the top guard on the TG to be detrimental to my uses. In reality, contrary to almost every other knife I’ve had with a top guard… it works for me.
I CERTAINLY would recommend NOT avoiding the TG because of the top guard. You can try it… and if you don't like it, you have two… maybe three? … options:
1) Sell it. You might take a small loss, since they’re readily available on the website, but maybe not, since yours would be a few weeks quicker;
2) grind or cut the top guard off. Dremel is your friend here… or worst enemy. Patience is a virtue.;
3) send it to someone else to customize for you.

In my case, I’m stoopid enough to dremel the sh** out of anything. But I haven’t found that necessary with the TG. I will admit that I have not tried to dress out a deer with it though. Yet. One of these days.

Gotta add … the hollowness of the TGULB blade is subtle. Very subtle. It isn’t like a Buck knife. Or even, I think, like the TGLB. But it is there.

As you can probably tell by my recent posts on here, I’m a solid TGULB fanboy. For me… it is just about my favorite blade. Maybe my favorite. The NMSFNO is just my grail (which is the one I’d never part with). But 9 times out of 10, for me, I’m going to grab a TGULB. That may change after the first time I dress a deer with it. We’ll see.

Last edited:
aIQmyiX.jpg

yeah we get some cold days, lol. but we do have some of the most beautiful skies that become common place and we get use to it. But other people are amazed. like this. I get this several times a year and once I got a tripple.

PBIbF81.jpg
Ever went to look for the Leprechaun pot of gold?
With tripple your chances should have gone up tri-folds!

Ever went to look for the Leprechaun pot of gold?
With tripple your chances should have gone up tri-folds!

Yeah, the right end ends at a buddies house and the left at another buddies house. Needless to say, They have good scotch and cigars at both places.
here is a cloud shot driving home from the airport.
f3LhpTZ.jpg

Was really excited to get this in the mail the other day....this was a treasured book of my childhood- it helped pass a many a boring ass snow days - days like today and tomorrow where there's just not much to be done. Actually, we looked at this book all the time- we really wore it out. I remember when daddy ordered it from Time Life - welp, w/out any further ado, here it is; The Time Life Series The Old West "GunFighter's" Edition
The first couple pics are from Frontier Justice, then a pic of Wyatt Earp, and there's just so much more - that's just the tip of the Iceberg & I'll bet a lot of folks here remembers these books too!
20240119_111635.jpg20240119_111544.jpg20240118_191232.jpg20240118_191124.jpg
20240119_112619.jpg

Back