U.S. 12" Machetes With Unusual Tips.

I have posted this in the GKD but have not received much information regarding military issue/use. Someone suggested that I may have better results posting here.

I have had these two U.S. stamped Ontario Knife Co. machetes for some time. They have been “Buried” in my garage since I acquired them and I just uncovered them today. I have searched and can only fine ones of a similar blade style named “Billhook” which has a very pointed end. These don’t look to have been modified and what I am interested in knowing is what era were these issued and what is the proper name for the blade configuration. Many thanks.
05Z1m4v.jpg

fnYjhjE.jpg

XoCkk65.jpg

THLmAQP.jpg

According to their web site. The 1-22 and 1-18, were made to a military spec. They made the same style handle same finish and the US stamping (with different blade shapes) for the civilian market.

Last edited:
View attachment 2366577
According to their web site. The 1-22 and 1-18, were made to a military spec. They made the same style handle same finish and the US stamping (with different blade shapes) for the civilian market.
Many thanks! Where on the OKC's website could I find the reference to these, ( I-12 I guess would be the model number), 12 inch blade machetes being manufactured with U.S. markings for the civilian market? Sorry for being a pain, but I thrive on details. Thanks again.

No problem. I just googled the various model numbers T tltt mentioned in the other thread. They may be old archived pages.

Pretty neat machetes,

Thanks for sharing these very cool variations! I have never seen these before but now I want one, that looks to be a very useful shape.

F foxfirerodandgun earlier this year I picked up one just like the two you posted. I've spent a good bit of time searching for information (including an email to OKC) but have yet to find a reference to that blade shape. I've talked with several military collectors who were baffled by the design.... but offered to take it off my hands. Thanks for posting.

Those look tips look good for whacking and slashing evil Tyranical Botanicals.

Back