What folders are the Beckerheads carrying?

There's an entire part of this forum dedicated to traditionals, take a swing by there and see how many different options you have for bringing more joy into your knife collection. You may not need it, but you'll certainly enjoy it.

Yeah ive been lurking over there the last few weeks. Those people over there post a lot. Thought id check out the pictures of their “totin’ today” thread, went back 100 pages and it was still in july 2020. I prefer the speed here at the becker forum personally.

Last edited:
Yeah ive been lurking over there the last few weeks. Those people over there post a lot. Thought id check out the pictures of their “totin’ today” thread, went back 100 pages and it was still in july 2020.

Sharing pictures of nice knives one owns is a gratifying part of participating on Bladeforums for many people, often knives get purchased solely so they can be photographed and shared with others. I say this not to the detriment of others as everyone treats knives differently and that's good, just to give some perspective as to how a photo-sharing thread would have constant participation.

I believe that particular thread has the highest post-count of any thread on the forums, it's quite a popular one. The General discussion area also has plenty of knife photo threads that have lots of people posting in them daily.

Just discovered these and been carrying it for a few days, a SAK floral knife. For under $20, it is durable thin blade that is laser sharp. I like that its scale material is not the typical SAK hard plastic. It’s a great edc...
rRxavPl.jpg

Comes in many colors too...
s2uaRAk.jpg

Last edited:
I am really impressed by them. The black came a few days ago. After using it for a day, I ordered the others (came this morning).

Just discovered these and been carrying it for a few days, a SAK floral knife. For under $20, it is durable thin blade that is laser sharp. I like that its scale material is not the typical SAK hard plastic. It’s a great edc...
rRxavPl.jpg

Comes in many colors too...
s2uaRAk.jpg

I picked up a red one 3? yrs ago. Ive thrown it in my pocket several times but it really hasnt seen much use. Theres nothing not to like about it so ive planned to use it more, it doesnt seem to happen though.

Excellent for getting your vegetables off the plant or vine :D I have an older black and a red one. I found em both at a yard sale some time ago. The black one that I have is different from the red one by having brass liners. I’ve never seen that before on a SAK. Kinda different :rolleyes: and yes I will be happy to get a pic up soon :thumbsup: like tomorrow :p:p
View attachment 1395348

Last edited:
Heres a couple shots of mine

007873A5-FFA5-4FE4-B66A-9CCB6A9C1F28.jpeg

2BE9A369-ACD2-43B5-9E76-DC9D3F4B2AFE.jpeg

The second picture showing the single bevel. Im not really sure what to think of it. I get that its a design to assist in horticulture. I understand how single bevel blades help with food processing as well. I think overall, id use it more if it had a standard double bevel. Im sure the other saks like this are the same, not sure about the clauss.

Heres a couple shots of mine

View attachment 1395230

View attachment 1395231

The second picture showing the single bevel. Im not really sure what to think of it. I get that its a design to assist in horticulture. I understand how single bevel blades help with food processing as well. I think overall, id use it more if it had a standard double bevel. Im sure the other saks like this are the same, not sure about the clauss.
I would prefer a double bevel too. I guess if your cutting flowers the single bevel does less damage to the plant, so I’ve been told. Here’s the two that I have.
F161E3A3-595F-4287-AF09-3404A9AB09DF.jpeg 565C250A-256B-4B6B-8BC5-EC1193838C83.jpeg B5897C34-2DB4-4DFB-88C4-F7CCAA7E9ECA.jpeg
Sometimes it’s not easy to get in to cramped places to cut. This little knife works pretty good for that
8C4197BE-6B8A-41A5-8501-7523EE95AAF2.jpeg

6zSbHY-YVma-8k9qxVDZIGRmqGVNR0ZSsfx0uXdADEg5PgYdhhBHtZHh2_Lxxf313vZv1l83ZV9hnF5GE1o0AHE2zbbNq7PshEk7HrZvHiD-LTowbyCFf7sv3Socg8uZgnqSfU8Mdcc=w800-h800

Recent addition to my collection, an Opinel No 8 in carbon steel.
The No 6 carbon is one of my most carried folders ever, wonder how I'll like this slighly longer scalpel : D

Nothing fancy for me. Currently carry a Gerber Flatiron or my CRKT Pilar. Sometimes carry my fixed blade BK-18 strong side, horizontal handle forward.

Spydies here. I know there are fancier and I know there are cheaper but the variety of designs and steels on top of the people in charge being of such high character checks all my boxes. Plus they just dang cut!

I recently bought a kershaw blur in m4. Im digging it quite a bit. Like i just now understand why people obsess about the blur.

Meanwhile i also bought a bareknuckle... such a long blade with a thin handle makes it feel quite anemic. Makes my link feel extremely stout and robust. After i carry the blur for awhile, ill switch it up to the bareknuckle and perhaps ill see the light.

Back